cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA query

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been trying to learn hana these past few days and have been getting some problems. So As i see SAP HANA is used for de-normalization of data(as per some tutorials that i have seen). So i make the analytic views and I have my data denormalized after making the analytical views. What next?. How do I harness/use these views to create reports for business analysis. I need to generate several reports based on this de-normalized data(which i intend to ultimately use for a website based product). Do i need to create different Anaytical views for different reports?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Well, I would say not completely correct understanding. You can rather store normalized data (and also recommended so) and use HANA information models like Analytic view with JOINS with the Master data Attribute views. You can JOIN or UNION multiple Analytic Views / Attribute Views and create Calc views for reporting.

Typically you should create one Calc view for each reporting scenario. But again this depends on the front end tool you wish to use. If you use BO tools like WebI then you can also build the universe based on multiple HANA Information model objects.

For any third party reporting tool, you can definitely use HANA Information models (and combination of Information model objects) and build SQL statements on top of these for reporting purpose.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply. I have done quite the same with my data. I have created normalized tables and then used Analytical views to de-normalize the data for reporting.

according to my understanding while in a platform like SQL we parse queries and get the data straightforward , in SAP HANA we make denormalized analytical/calculation views to get the data for reports. Is that right?

The thing I still don't understand is how to connect my website to SQL HANA to use the data from calculation views/analytical views?

How do i access hana db from my website?

Regards

Rahul

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You did not mention if your website is based on .NET or JAVA. In either cases, you can use execute SQL statements against the HANA Information models and use the results in your website.

Please find a link here for blog on the :NET connectivity to HANA. Regarding the JAVA connectivity, you can use the JDBC drivers and establish the connectivity to HANA Information models. Please look into the document posted here for the same.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

How can we load data from a SAP Business Suite source system to a SAP HANA system to perform analysis? Can we use SLT replication server for that?

Regards ,

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

From Business suite systems to HANA we can use below methods.

If we need to real time and Delta Capability data we will use SLT other wise we can use BODS as well.

Regards

Jagan

Answers (0)