cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fully programmable option of auto-complete for input fields in WD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question regarding this topic and so far I haven't managed to find a solution for it. I've seen an older post regarding a similar topic but since that moment a lot has changed and now we have NW 7.02 out there for some time so I hope that there is more knowledge about it overall.

The problem is that I need to enable an input field to have the auto-complete option (much like it is done by google) and by this I mean to be able to have the basic functionality which is provided by the suggestedValues property but also much more.

As you know the basic usage of this property assumes that you are using an ABAP Dictionary type which doesn't suffice for my case. I have also looked into the so-called "Freely programmed input help" but that is actually not fulfilling all the requirements I have and also it doesn't enable me to completely handle the filtering logic of the values list.

What I need is different than that because I need to be able to filter through an aproximate 50k records catalog and to be able also to apply a custom logic for the results. Furthermore I would need also to have the option to handle the filter logic even more so that I can handle the so-called phonetic or misspelled search entries (e.g. user types GGL and in the results/suggested values to be able to provide also the answer google if it is present at all in the catalog). The list with values suggested has to be updated after each key entered in the input field (basically after each keystroke the suggested values list is updated).

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or any ideas ?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suggest Value List will not display for OVS and freely programmed help. Hence you cannot achieve this. Also as you mentioned 50K entries, the Suggest Value may not be appropriate incase of Complex Search help.

Check the 'Notes of Use' section in this help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/8c/20efbd1b0a463ba5914356f01de03f/frameset.htm

Hope this helps u.,

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

I already checked that documentation. Anyway, I am still looking for a possible solution. I will post the solution here if I find it and someone else needs it.

Regards,

Nick.