cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I raise PO for a material that is a processed version of the one in the Purchase Contract?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a situation that I don't know how to handle in SAP, for our trading business.

A Purchase Contract is raised for Material 1.

When a Purchase Order is raised, however, it is for different Materials, eg Material 2 and Material 3.  These are made up of Material 1 plus a label, in whichever language is relevant for planned sales.  The labelling work is done by the supplier.

We need a way to make sure that the Purchase Orders will be recorded against the Contract, so that the agreed quantity of Material 1 is used, even though the Material being ordered is different.

Is there some way to do this using a BOM in the order, maybe? Or any other way?

Thanks in advance,

Val

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Val,

This can be done via customization.

You can have custom table using the logic  material 2 and Material 3 points to Material 1.

1. Check has to be done during PO creation using Material 2 and Material 3 for the custom table .

2. If Material 1 is maintained against Material 2 and Material 3, then another check has to done whether any Purchase contract is there for MAterial 1 or not .

3. If its there then update the supplier field as Purchase contract value.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Thanks for your reply. I thought there wasn't any solution in config.

I was thinking along similar lines - I wondered if the same thing could be achieved by using the Manufacturer's Part Number field on the Purchasing tab of the Material Master to provide the link between material numbers. Then there would have to be code in a user exit to check the data and make sure that the correct contract was used.

Could you tell me - have you implemented the solution you suggest? And if so, how easy or difficult was it to make it work?

Thanks,

Val

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Val,

You can explore BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI for doing checking/validation and BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI for updating the relevant fields.

Also you can check BBP_DOC_SAVE_BADI

Regards

Ashok

Answers (0)