cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How can I delete a customer master data ? I put the deletion mark on the customer, but the customer name still remains in the system. I wish to remove the customer name from the database.

Thanks

Christine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Christine ,

The data remains in the database until the Customer Master is archived. You could block the customer for order, delivery, billing vide T-Code VD05

prasanna

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

You can use Archiving Object FI_ACCRECV for deleting the customer master data from SD ( it also archives Accounts receivable master data from FI).

Please see this link which provides more info on FI_ACCRECV:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/29/b6963457889b37e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

According to my experience there is no option available in the standard SAP to delete the customer master data,u can only flag it for deletion.

Since a similar problem had arised in my previous project too.

In the SO when u do F4,it still displays teh name of the customer that u have marked for deletion,but does not allow u to create an SO when selected.

Only option is be careful when uploading,in case a duplicacy arises, as there are very few instances where u may want to delete the details of the customer completely.

Regard;s

Priyanka

Message was edited by:

Priyanka M.Matcheswala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may have to contact your system administrator to hard delete the customer details from the physical DB. Thats the only option apart from Archiving - even then it will be stored in the Archive DB.

Being master data, we may never know when we might reuse them. Thats the reason SAP has given the feature of deletion flag and not complete removal from DB.

Hope, this explains

S. Siva