Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File type Encoding in File adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am doing a file to file scenario.

I am trying to Read a file which is having encoding 'UTF-8' , I want to place target file in some other file location .

But the target file which has been cretaed is having encoding as 'ASCII' , but want the ecoding to be remain same i.e UTF-8.

I have maintained the file type as 'Text' and file encoding as 'UTF-8' in both sender and reciever communication channels. Still its not working.

I have also tried keeping file type as 'Binary' for bothe communication channels , No luck there.

Any help is apprciated.

Regards,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Refer to the link: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/guide/intl/encoding.doc.html

Hope it will help you to identify the correct UNICODE.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some time back we have faced the similar kind of issues .

Can you try the below combinationations.

case1:sender :transfer mode:text processing mode :binary  Receiver :Binary,Binary

case2:sender :transfer mode:text processing mode :text  Receiver :Binary,Binary

If above doesn't work .

case1:Receiver :transfer mode:text processing mode :binary  sender:Binary,Binary

case2:Receiver:transfer mode:text processing mode :text  sender:Binary,Binary

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

When you test the scenario, in the Test Tab, what does the target xml show as the encoding type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could see UTF-8 after request message mapping

Thanks.

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In Mapping test tab you will always find the correct format. The transformation happens in the adapter engine. Try with some UNICODE formats based on the receiver system. The link I have mentioned.

You have to try your luck with few of the UNICODE to achieve the desired result.

Thanks

Anand