Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure RZ21/RZ20 after migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

i need your help please with something.

I installed a new R3 system on aix, installed saphostagent, scheduled jobs etc.

Problem is that in RZ20 (SAP CCMS Monitor Templates) all the nodes (Buffer, background processing, Database, Syslog are disabled) the only one running and showing status is Operating System. It looks like the only data collected are related to the OS level not the sap system itself.

In RZ21-> topology-> Local Segments (there are two agents called (SAP_CCMS_hostname with Segment type Agent and Destination SAPCCMSR.hostname.99   and status ONLINE) 

Looking at the other systems i can see under Local Segments part different segment names called (SAP_CCMS_hostname_SID_10) and Type is Application server and destination hostname_SID_10 .

How can i add a new segment to the Local segments and actually monitor the system.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Buculei,

You have registered the agent sapccmsr wrongly.

1. Stop the sapccmsr agent

sapccmsr -stop

2. Unregister the sapccmsr agent.

sapccmsr -U pf=<profile path>

3. Register the sapccmsr agent with the following command

sapccmsr -R pf=<instance profile> -j2ee

4. Start the Agent.

sapccmsr -DCCMS pf=<instance profile> -j2ee

Please provide the details if you face the issue again

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the -j2ee part from the registration command is for java instance. I need to register ABAP agent.

So i can register it without that parameter. The system i want to monitor is local one (there are no remote systems)

I checked table responsible for RZ21 context and segments   called ALCONSEG and there are missing all application server contexts from that table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is noticed that some configured nodes are lost after the upgrade or reboot.

Please review the following note

0000660126   Method assignment in RZ20 is lost