Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Sales Order config. after changing variant table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are using constraints. The scenario is as following:

1) Sales order is saved with certain configuration.

2) Value in the Variant table is now changed. This variant table is used in constraints.Sales order config. does not get automatically updated.

3) If I go to VA02 - configuration screen and save without making any change, ODs are run and new value as per variant table is updated in sales order config.

However, there are so many sales orders which get affected due to change in variant table.

We need to do these changes automatically. We are trying to use report    Z_BAPI_CHANGE_CFG as per SAP note. It does not work and SAP does not support it without any charges.

This is quite a generic requirement. How have you managed it? Any suggestions for alternative solutions?

Regards,

Tushar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Have you got the solution? if yes, could you please share the same. thanks!

0 Kudos

Hello Tushar,

based on what I know, the only way to get a configuration refreshed is the one you are using: open the configuration itself and then save without any change.

It's a long process if you have a lot of sales orders to be updated, for sure.

There could be other batch input processes, but I've been told those are not the preferred way to perform tasks like yours.

Regards,

Alessio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tushar,

have you already considered to use batch input? If you do not want to make any changes on the values of the characteristics, it should work if you use the batch input recorder (TAN SHDB). You could than create your own program and add some coding for selecting the relevant SO.

Regards,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any updates please?