cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding installing SQL server license in trial version

0 Kudos

Hello,

Our SAP version is SAP Business One 8.82 PL 07. We have downloaded SQL server 2008 R2 standard edition 64 bit from internet. It is a trial version of 180 days. We have purchased the SQL Server license but as Microsoft only offers the latest version we bought SQL server 2012 license.

We have registered in the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service website. But when I click on Downloads and Keys -> SQL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineela,

I feel that since you got a trial version of MSSQL from microsoft site, you need to contact Microsoft support center for any issue with License.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Actually the question got posted while I was still in the process of typing. The second part is when I click on Key for SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Service Pack 1 the message displayed is: "This product does not require a product key".

I called the Microsoft support but they were not much of a support. From inputs here and there I came to know that only thing I can do now is uninstall SQL server and download it from the Microsoft Volume Licensing site as the Key will be embedded in the download. Do not know the credibility of this info either.

Thanks,

Vineela.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can actually download the MSSQL SERVER from SAP download center and use it for trial version.The link might help you .

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/swdc

Regards

Darshan Desai

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have solved this issue. I have downloaded SQL Server 2008 Standard R2 from the Microsoft Licensing website. Clicked on the setup.exe, and navigated to Maintenance -> Upgrade Edition. In the series of steps it actually upgraded some of the files, and the license key is also embedded.

Before and after I have run "SELECT @@VERSION" command in SQL Management Studio, and the Evaluation Edition is now changed to Standard Edition.

This is called In-place upgrade and here we need not uninstall or install anything, it is pretty simple and takes less than 10 minutes.

Thanks,

Vineela.

Answers (0)