cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating SLCM with IDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

After successfully integrating SAP HCM and IDM our next priority is to integrate SLCM and IDM at our University.

Some have suggested SLCM is pretty much a clone of HCM so the IDM interface should also look like a clone of the HCM integration.

Hence, like the GRC integration, it should use the Virtual Directory Server as the common interface for processing the data in and out of IDM.

The situation on the ground looks different. For starters there seems to be no equivalent to the HCM LDAPEXTRACT604  report in SLCM, that can be read by the Virtual Directory.

Has anyone already completed this integration and provide some tips how to approach?

I did find a ramp up document ( see attached screen print)  describing IDM SLCM integration, but I am not sure if it describes 'wishful thinking' or something that is actually already in development and could be tried out by us?

Can we at KAUST sign up for this ramp up program, get access to the SLCM to IDM integration and speed up our development, rather than re-inventing the wheel?

Who do I approach to join?

Any comments welcome!

Marcus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcus,

Did you make any progress with your SLCM integration? Did you find any suppoting doumentation on how to confgure this? Any insight is appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Michael, I moved on. You could ask the folks at KAUST if they made progress. Try emailing Ahmed A. AlGhamdi <Ahmed.Ghamdi.2@KAUST.EDU.SA>;  Regards Marcus

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

This is the first time I got to hear about integration of IdM and SLCM.

Going throught the release notes in market place - FND_IDM_1 Release Notes for SAP Business Suite Foundation 7.02  it appears that it does not involve VDS. It talks about activating the Business function and creating RFC destination for SLCM to directly talk to IdM. In IdM we would have to create Initial and delta loads.

I also had a look at SAP Help and only found reference to the key transactions PIQSTM and PIQSTUDEL (which appear to be integrated to IdM once the integration is activated) . Whereas, for HCM there is a reference to LDAPEXTRACT604.

Hope this information gives you some picture.

Sorry, I couldnt help any further.

Cheers

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same challenge for SRM and CRM. The idea is to have SRM and CRM as authoritative source for Business Partner identities / accounts as HCM is the source for employees.

I am looking for options to distribute Business Partner records. My assumption was that it can be exported via ALE like HR data can. I did not find any useful documentation how to distribute Business Partner records in general. For CRM there seems to be an option but I have no real idea if this can be generalized.

My next idea was to use SAP MDM to collect the Business Partner records as master data and export them to IDM. But for consumers I need them event based and can not wait hours to create an account from a new Business Partner record.

According SAP Help the SAP NW IDM integration into the SAP Business Suite needs an account for the business partner first before it can receive any changes from Business Partner Records. So I assume the integration is done via the user acount (SU01) and not the Busisness Partner record itself so a different concept than employee record integration from HCM.

I am new to SAP IDM but this seems to be a very weak spot that no general integration to Business Partner Records is possible. If I can configure an ALE model and use change pointers to detect changed records and can export them as iDOC or XML I could write an iDOC / XML parser to import the data into NW IDM.

Maybe there is is a similar model for Business Partner records like for employee records to export Infotypes to any IDM system?

Any thoughts about that?