cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Project will be closed or settled if Plant is different in Purchase Order ?

0 Kudos

Hi,

How will a project behave according to finance point of view if i select a plant & profit center in project builder at project definition level., and at the time of Purchase Order creation, if i take multiple line items with different WBS Elements of same project but different plant and input G/L and WBS while Purchase Order creation.

Then Migo & Miro is carried out successfully.

It means that at Project point of view every transaction is carried out successfully.

Just want to know that will it affect somewhere at the project closing or project settlement or at the balance sheet level, from Finance point of view.?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If PO is multiple account assignment with different plan but company code is same for both plant for project closure case only open PR PO should be cleared then teco project and set clsd.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Project closing is different entity and nothing to do with maintaining different plants and G/L accounts in PO or for that matter in Project structure also. It only checks GR and IR balances should be zero at the time of closing.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

The procedure of closing a project remains the same irrespective of multiple plants maintained in a purchase order. What you have explained above is a standard scenario.

I would suggest you to go through the prerequisites of Settlement in SAP Help. That would help you understanding the basics of Settlement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

As per the requirement we can maintain different Plant & Profit centres in different  WBS of same project , if we maintain the process as per that , there will not be any effect will closing and settlemnet , sytem will check wether there is any open vlaues or not, if complete value has been settled , sytem will allow, for closing the project and further settlement.

Regards,

vrkumar