cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy synchronization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement of synchronizing a MDM Hierarchy table many times a day and so would like to automate this process via the MDIS.

I first test the import via the Import manager but it seems that MDM forces the the matching of data to be done on the display field, i.e. the name of the hierarchy. With this constraint, I don't find the way to process the synchronization (data modifications, path modifications).

I am searching for tips to answer my need…

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I think your requirement is to consolidate(import) data from source system into MDM and then synchronize(send) to other systems.

Now, when you try to perform import activity through Import Manager- matching criteria can be any field from mapped destination field . Its easier to automate the process via MDIS for update to happen many times in a day. If possible, do share the procedure you are attempting to import records via Import Manager. Please list the stepwise activity (better of with images).

Regards,

Ali

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per my understanding, you are having Matching criteria as Name...then in Import Action you can have the Update all Mapped fields in order to Synchronize the existing data..

Hope it works, if not please elaborate more..

Regards,

Girish