Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to entry SAPOSS in the secure storage denied

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on a copy of the productive system. The secure store was cleaned up according to SAP note 816861, transaction SECSTORE shows only one entry (BC_INIT), which is green. However when I try to save credentials to any RFC connection I get an error message:

"Access to entry SAPOSS in the secure storage denied"

There are no additional hints in SM21, ST22 or SLG1 about this issue. Could this problem be related to SAP note 1180143 where just an authorization is missing? I am already working with SAP_ALL however.

Regards,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is because you have deleted SAPOSS from SECSTORE. Just delete the RFC entry and re-create it. If you still can't store anything in the SECSTORE, try to use report RS_TT_CLEANUP_SECSTORE.

Instead of deleting everything in SECSTORE I myself prefer to migrate the entries after a system copy.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is because you have deleted SAPOSS from SECSTORE. Just delete the RFC entry and re-create it. If you still can't store anything in the SECSTORE, try to use report RS_TT_CLEANUP_SECSTORE.

Instead of deleting everything in SECSTORE I myself prefer to migrate the entries after a system copy.

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Mark,

Please check this SAP note.

Note 1532825 - Deleting SECSTORE entries during system export/system copy

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies, I really appreciate your suggestions. Adjusting SECSTORE wasn't possible because SECSTORE told me that it cannot modify the entries.

So far I already tried:

1. report RS_TT_CLEANUP_SECSTORE

2. deleting the RFC connection and creating it again

3. a kernel patch from 7.00 243 -> 7.20 402

Unfortunately the error message remains unaffected, but I keep up fighting.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos

hi Mark,

Please also check this Note

1016348 - Secure storage after changing the installation number

Regards,

0 Kudos

I traced my actions in SM50, this provided helpful information. The problem is fixed now. During the system copy someone must have truncated table RSECACHK. This caused the permission problem -> "access denied". Now I can continue my work.

0 Kudos

HI Mark,

Please can you tell how you fixed the error.

Thanks,
Ranjith