cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problem accessing custom WD component configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a custom (Z) component configuration by copying an SAP delivered component configuration.

I am trying to access this new component configuration when running the application, with no success.

From 'Display Configuration', I tried creating an enhancement ( Additional functions -> Enhance) but the enhacement points to the SAP delivered component configuration.

In prior release, when an enhancement was created, it would point to the Z component configuration.

Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the copied application configuration, you will have to change the used component configuration. Use the "Assign Configuration Name" button in the toolbar to change the component configuration for your application configuration. No need to enhance anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Samuli,

Clarification: I not referring to the component configuration of the application component. But to the component configuration of one of the GUIBB inside the application.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a hard time understanding what you mean. Can you share a screenshot pointing out the problem? Normally inside the component configuration, you add the component, window and configuration. Whenever you change the UIBB configuration for the component, the changes are saved to the configuration you specified for that component.

Which FPM application are we talking about? What floorplan is it using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Samuli,

I created a component configuration ZEHHSS_INC_REC_OIF_BINF_V_FRM by making a copy of  component configuration EHHSS_INC_REC_OIF_BINF_V_FRM.

In the Z component configuration, I have some additional fields and a custom Z feeder class.

However, when I run the application, the component configuration accessed is the original, not the Z custom component configuration.

There used to be under menu “Other Functions”, menu item “Create Enhancement” which would maintain link to Z component configuration.

So the question, how do I get the Z component configuration to be referenced when application is run?

(see screen print)

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You specify the used component configuration in the application configuration. You specify the application configuration as a parameter to the WDA application.

Answers (0)