cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI 7.2 OLE automation and Excel

former_member263733
Participant
0 Kudos

We are using SAPGUI for Windows 7.2 SP 13.

We have some users who are exporting data to Excel.  This produces an "inline" Excel file within SAPGUI.  All this is working as expected.

However, what we have observed is that once this happens, if the user launches Excel (for other regular, non SAP purposes), it comes up with all third party addins disabled.

I'm not aware of any that there is any way to control how SAP GUI calls (launces) Excel, so right now it's not necessarily about a fix.  Rather, this post is really just to see if anyone else has heard of anything like this, or does actually have some ideas about this.

thanks,

Jeff Henke

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

I think the issue is with the file "comctl32.ocx" which is coming as part of 720 release that is
causing the problem.

You could try replacing this file with one from a previous release (7.10) and check whether the issue occurs.

If replacing "comctl32.ocx" fixes this issue, then you need to contact Microsoft or with the vendor(s) of the affected third party applications. SAP cannot help here because this is a security related update of comctl32.ocx and Microsoft recommends installing it. As far as I know some applications might have

to be recompiled with the new comctl32.ocx in order to work again.

You could also try to update the license using the file "VBUSC.exe".

Good luck!

Regards,

Hugo Amo

Answers (0)