cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens with the Z-fields after an update/upgrade of the repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM experts,

At my current project we're setting up the new webchannel experience management with ECC. The new webshop gets his data directly from MDM. At this moment I've created a couple of new fields in MDM in the "Product Catalog Items" node. I was very curious what happens with the Z-fields when SAP comes with an update/upgrade of the repository? Are the new Z-fields standard still visible after an update/upgrade or not?

Any information regarding this is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Chahid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_schffler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chahid,

upgrading the repository is a manual step.

When upgrading you have to import the updated repository schema (if it did change). While importing the schema you are asked to choose which changes to import and there you have to check that your Z-fields are not deleted.

Regards,

Martin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chahid,

Whenever there is an upgrade/update , SAP will instruct you with procedure on how to update the repository without losing any fields/functionalities/validations/assignments from repository. Though all this would be a manual process, but wont be a major struggle.

Upgrading repository from one version to other will not have impact on Z-fields created in repository. Please let us know if any further queries.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my previous project, we had upgraded from 7.1 SP04 to SP06.

All the fields were available after the upgrade.

Also the maps had to be updated individually from Import Manager and Syndicator.

Regards,

Abhishek