cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support XSLT 2.0 finally in the next PI release?

former_member9864
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

As we all seen from the many PPTs either from SAP Education or TechEd, that one of the big advantages of our favorate middleware, PI, which I have been working with since 2005, is supposed to support on a large number of standards, like SOAP, WS-RM, BPMN and XSLT.

XSLT as standard technique for XML transformation is widely adopted and implemented in many companies, where no PI is in use.

Now saying that our sales people are trying to convince these customers to implement PI as their centralized middleware. However, during the presales, we might not be willing to mention that PI currently is only supporting XSLT 1.0, right???

I know we do need to tell the customer that it would make huge sence to migrate the existing XSLT mappings to PI message mapping, but as PI consultant, we all might have experienced that in one of those days, message mapping just has its weakness, like sorting or grouping nested structures, and this is exactly the right moment to implement XSLT or Java Mappings as an alternative or additional mapping step --> which means that in many cases, XSLT will definitely found itself the usage in PI and the functionalities of 1.0 are way too limited!!

In other posts of the forum I've learned that even the Java extensions of XSLT will not be considered supported in future PI releases!

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1864091

The version 2.0 of XSLT has become W3C recommandation since Jan 2007. In the summer of that year, iPhone 1 was introduced. Today we are in 2013, the year of the on-going 7th generation of iPhone and SAP is still not coming up with supporting the XSLT 2.0 in PI??? And we are still losing the functionalities of Java extension in the future PI release?! So why do we need XSLT support in PI portfolio anyway? Only with java-free XSLT version from the last century?

So all of these brings to my big question to SAP:

When will XSLT 2.0 finally be supported in PI?

P.S. I am not a blogger and I hope that this forum discussion would draw some more attension.

Best regards,

PI Fan and Hobby XSLT-er

Chen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chen,

thank you for your comments but actuall it's pretty simple to have it done - there's a place where we put the ideas for new developments for PI - idea place) and we need to vote there (customer's votes count more... the bigger customer the better

of course we already have a topic which may interest you:

https://ideaplace.brightidea.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=97F64433-5773-403E-A7C6-D7EB3BD6428D&idea_i...

if you have any large customers willing to have this new feature please let them know were to vote

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk