cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to paste selection values in EM ABAP WebDynpro UI; possible with version 9.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the standard EM ABAP WebDynpro UI (/SAPTRX/EM_START), the ability to paste a list of entries into a selection field is not possible.  For example, if a user has a list of ten documents they want to search for, they can copy that list, open the "Multiple Selection" screen, but when they try to paste the list, only the first value actually pastes.  My question is if anyone knows if this issue is fixed with version 9.0?  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

i just checked it in 9.0. It is possible now. It also extends the fields e.g. you have ten values copied from an excel file all were pasted to the range selection.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Steffen!  This is good news and will greatly increase the usability of the standard UI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Howdy from Houston and thanks for your message thread.

This will prove useful and I have a 9.0 client that can benefit from this today!

Quick question:

What is required to make this work in 9.0?  ie. PL x and above?  Any special config?

Our client is on 9.0 PL 16.

Limitations?

Thanks in advance.

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

We are using the copy/paste feature and I agree it is extremely useful. I have not seen any limitations so far but we have only tried to cut/paste upwards of about 500 which works just fine. 

After you upgrade to EM 9.0 go to transaction SICF and ensure service 'em_fpm_ui' is activated.  It should be available via the path: sap>bc>webdynpro>saptrx.  It may not be active or you may be still using the old em_wda_ui service.  SAP made many wonderful enhancements to the UI that you can take advantage of.  At a minimum I would also recommend going to the web dynpro global settings application and enable Web Dynpro Guideline 2.0 (GL20).  It can be accessed by here: http://<host>.<domain>.<extension>:<port>/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/wd_global_setting/ and ensure your UI Guideline (WDUIGUIDELINE) is set to 'Guideline 2.0' (GL20).    Regards, Jonathan Hansen

Answers (0)