cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVENT_OPTIMIZE_ALLOCATION & SCHED_ALLOCATION_DAEMON are generating log files uncontrollably

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

All of a sudden, my system is generating log files and filling up server space. My Export to PDF session never completes and when I check the logs I see these 2 Daemons trying to do something constantly, but unable to figure out what they are trying to do

How to inactivate these Daemons or stop them, they are appearing every 2 minutes and creating log files and filling up the server space

the only thing different is that the SAP Sourcing time is not matching with the Daylight savings change

is this the problem.

EVENT_OPTIMIZE_ALLOCATIONCannot instantiate class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory]

03/12/13 12:02 PM (EST)
SCHED_ALLOCATION_DAEMONCannot instantiate class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory]

03/12/13 12:02 PM (EST)

Request a solution to get back my system to behaving normally

Regards

Tridip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tridip,

Have you tried to restart the Daemon? You can do this via Setup > System Admin > Background task Status > Daemon Registration from the dropdown. I dont see these 2 Daemons in 7.0 but not sure which version are you on.

Thanks,

Vikram

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram

I have these 2 Daemons running in production but not in quality

Dont know, if deleting them would help the issue

But I dont know, if this is an extreme step

Wasnt able to find an option to restart the daemon, only get a delete option

which user? enterprise or system user?

any leads

Let me know

thx

tridip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes clicking on the delete icon basically stops and then restarts the daemons. After deleting you will see it reappear in the Daemon list. Doing it via Enterprise user would be preferable.

If you are not sure then probably opening an OSS message will also be advisable.

Thanks,

Vikram

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram

gave me some additional inputs that my optimizer was spitting those Daemon alerts

in addition to what you stated, he told me to get a fresh set of license keys from support and deploy them over and these would go away permanently

So that is another way to tackle this issue

Closing this thread, as am good for now

Thanks Gary and Vikram for collaborating on this one

Cheers

Tridip

Answers (0)