cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Master Duplication problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru...

I have tried things with Message control , but still not able to stop the Customer master record duplication problem.

Can someone guide me how to avoid the creation of duplicate records of the customer master.

Which field we can use and How ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nilesh,

Can you please try this out and lemme know if it works at your end. Execute T-code OBMSG and select F2 in Application Area, there either change the Message from Warning to Error or maintain New Entry as per your requirement. Also, you can check this out by going to SM30. From the Menu choose System --> Services --> Table Maintenance --> Extended Table Maintenance . In the Table / View field, enter Table name as 'V_T100C', click on Maintain and select Application Area as F2. Change or apply new settings from there. Feel free to discuss in case you need more assistance in this. Thanks.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

May I know whats the criteria your client has to decide whether customer is duplicate or not?

If its based on address then follow Ramu's suggestion.

If its based VAT registration number then use message no: 273, here ensure that online active message type = I for all the message types.

I am sure, while creating customer master with same address or VAT no system will give you a warning message.,

Try and let us know if you still have any problem.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramu & Sai,

Thanks for your reply ...

I have already tried with the message control, it doesnt help.

As my client is an Indian company , we will be using LST no. (TIN no.) as a criteria for finding the duplicate entries.

We have already marked LST no. as a mandatory field.

(You can find LST no. field in CIN Details tab in Customer Master Record)

Now, let me know if you have any alternative solution for the same.

Regards,

Nilesh D.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We don't have any standard way of doing this.

Use customer master creation prog SAPMF02D to have the check point or create a report so that user can run this before creating customer master(which is difficult for user to check everytime)

Even i had this problem in my IN implementations.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

In standard we can only implement duplicate check on basis of address field. For any other you have to go for customization. Please ask your ABAPER to write logic in ZXF04U01 user exit or CUSTOMER_ADD_DATA BADI. Try both and see which one is workable for you.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

spro-->logistics general-->business partner-->customer--> control -->change message control for customer for customer master data..message number 145

check once...