Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage section search in WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have few doubts about the storage section search,

The plant site is already into storage type search and now they wanted to move to storage section search for a specific storage type. My question /doubts here is ..

The requirement is put away strategy for storage section

Storage type - AB1

Section indicator - R01,r02,r03 etc

storage section respective to above indicators -001,002,003 etc

storage bin details as below

Section IndicatorStorage SectionStart Bin End Bin Dummy Bin
R01001011301014012R01001
R02002020101024012R02002
R03003030101034012R03003

Now in this the requirement is to give preference for storage section search where it should putaway in the first empty bin 011301 and then next unitl the destination bin is full after which it is required to put away in dummy bin.

Is it possible to give preference to storage section search instead of storage type search as the user wants to do section search only not the storage type search??

Is it possible to refer to the dummy bin once the reqular bin are full?

THanks for your help

kkv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your storage type, you can specify if the storage section check is to be activated or not. If it is active, then the system will search firstly the storage type, then storage section and then the storage bin as per the putaway strategy defined.

you can set up the sequential high rack storage using LS10 by specifying the start bin no. and end bin no. Then, assign the putaway strategy as next empty bin to the required storage type.

As far as your dummy bin goes, you can set it up for some other storage type and define it after the high rack storage type in the configuration of storage type search. This way, the system will go to the dummy bin only when it does not find any empty bin in the high rack storage.

Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sushant

THanks for the reply.

Is there any possibility where the search is only for storage section . I do not want the storage type search at all.

Reg

KKV

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sushant

I have one more question

If I remove the storage type from material master then will the search happen completely based on storage section .??

Because the requirement is the search should happen only based on the storage section .

Thanks

KKV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

Only storage section search is not possible since the system cannot find the storage section without storage type because the storage section is a subdivision of storage type within in the warehouse.

Regards

Vijay

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KKV,

The warehouse structure is like storage type - st. section - st. bin - quant. So, its like you can not have a storage section without the storage type.

In the material master you have two views for WM data. The WM1 view is maintained at warehouse no. level there you can maintain the storage type indicator and storage section indicators which influence your st. type and section search in configuration. Please don't get confused with them as your actual storage section and types.

The WM2 view has the data for your storage type. this is mostly used in case of fixed bin storage.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sushant

Thanks!!

Finally we have decided to go for Capacity usage

The storage type for which we plan to have capacity usage allows mixed storagewith the putaway strategy 'L' next empty bin

May i know the perquisite for this settings.

Should SU Management be active for this .? is this mandatory ?

what are all the other perquisite should have for capacity usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the help link for prerequisites of L strategy

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/c6/f844aa4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm

SU management is not mandatory for this strategy, but if you wanted to use the capacity based on SUT then you must activate it.

When you choose the capacity check method for your storage type, you must also tick the 'Active capacity' check box for L strategy.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos