Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM- Batch job for Importing TR into Quality & Production system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using ChaRM 7.1 Urgent change.

Are there any batch jobs for importing Transport Request form Devlopment to Quality & from Quality to Production.

1. Batch job should also change the status from 'In Development ' to 'To Be Tested' for import to quality system
  2. Batch job should also change the status from 'Authorized for Production' to 'Imported into Production'  for import to production syste.

Regards

P Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello,

For Urgent Corrections (only) the import into the next system is triggered by a status change, as you state in your question.

The report CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT can be used to fulfill your requirements, as mentioned by the other contributors.

• One variant to move Urgent Corrections from 'In Development ' to 'To Be Tested' status (thus triggering import into QAS), executed as batch job, every 30 min max.
  • One variant to move Urgent Corrections from 'Authorized for Production' to 'Imported into Production' status (thus triggering import into PRD), executed as batch job, every 30 min max.

BUT, it would definitely NOT recommend such an approach.

Especially for importing in Production.

That sounds particularly risky to me and in contradiction with Release Management Best Practices.

The validation for PRD has to be granted 'manually' I would say.

Hope this will help

Sebastien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naresh,

After some investigation I have eventually decided not to use UC's for automated import jobs.

Keep in mind that UC's do not use TOC's, which means that when you import your request in QAS it will directly appear in the import queue of Production (PRD).

If you automate the import job for PRD it will not consider the 2nd tester approval for QAS and directly import the original transport in PRD.

An alternative for this is using Normal changes and then schedule an import job for QAS and PRD. Once the TOC is approved in QAS, it will release the original transport which can then be imported in QAS and PRD with an automated job.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Wouter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all as Prakhar said,

1. first schedule job for importing transports dev-qas-prd you may do this by SCMA or directly in settalite systems.

2. in Solman Schedule CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT, with variants to set next status. Status will be set if all checks are ok f.e. tr's are imported.

for Urgent Change its easier you can just schedule CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT for transactions type ZMHF( SMHF ).

Rg Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan

Thanks, yes it works. When we run the report based on CD number for which we want to update the status..status get updated.

Thanks for your inputs.

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using ChaRM 7.1 Urgent change.

Are there any batch jobs for importing Transport Request form Devlopment to Quality & from Quality to Production.

1. Batch job should also change the status from 'In Development ' to 'To Be Tested' for import to quality system
  2. Batch job should also change the status from 'Authorized for Production' to 'Imported into Production'  for import to production syste.

Regards

P Kumar

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use the below report to schedule the background job as per your requirement

CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Please follow the below steo,

1. open maintanance cycle

2.Goto particular QAS client which job needs to be schedule (e.g QXX 200, 201, 202, 203, 204...)

3.Select the “Import Transport Request (Background)” task in the list and right clcik on the task Provide the schedule option as required.

4.Standard Job /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRORDER_IMPORT/000 is scheduled in solman system.

Copy the Job /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRORDER_IMPORT/000 and set New Job name: /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRORDER_IMPORT/<XXX>

Select the Job name: /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRORDER_IMPORT/XXX  in job queue.

Asign the periodic value to the partiuclar job as 15 mins.

Save the changes

Change the user name as SOLMAN_BTC

Also please check the dolores blog

http://scn.sap.com/people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/22/change-request-management-scenario-usual-qu...

11. Scheduling of import job /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRORDER_IMPORT hourly

Also check the report below

/TMWFLOW/SCMA_BTCH_SYNC_TEST

/TMWFLOW/SCMA_BTCH_SYNC_UC

As i know, automatic status changes is not possible.

Rg,

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

I am looking for the exact same feature.

Did you have any luck finding something?

@Karthik

Thanks for your explaination, however this only works for Maintenance Cyle transports and not UC's.

The transport job does not pick up UC's, since these are using a different task variants.

Do you know any way to make a similar batch job for UC's and switch the status of the UC document as Kumar described above?

Please advise.

Kind Regards,

Wouter Huiberts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar and Huiberts

I am also looking for a similar solution and luck..

In our scenario under one maintenance cycle i will have multiple CD's. So at the time of golive I want to move all the transports that belong to this project/maintenance cycle with the help of the background job and update the CD's to "Imported to production"

Let me know if you have found a solution for this.

Naresh

0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

I doubt that copying the job definition and adjusting the scheduling will work, unfortunately.

Those jobs variants are "generated", each time the jobs gets scheduled by the task-list.

Nevertheless, you can schedule a regular import job from the tasklist directly, with limited options on the frequence. (daily).

Sebastien