cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can fresher directly start learning SAP HANA ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

Can fresher start learning SAP HANA ?

Please share your suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh ,

Yes a fresher can learn SAP HANA but at the geeting opportunity will be bit challenging.

You should too strong in SAP HANA with SQL & Anlytics as well.

If you are well worse with Any Traditional Database & Functionality then it will help you understand HANA.

For more details Watch below URLS...

http://www.saphana.com/community/hana-academy

http://help.sap.com/hana_platform

If you have some good understanding of Core JAVA , to learn Hadoop you need Core java Knowledge.

Going forward there will be huge demand for SAP HANA + Hadoop Integration as a part of Big Data Solution.

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/hana/blog/2013/05/20/sap-hana--hadoop-integration-1

Big Data for Starters

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/hana/blog/2013/04/26/big-data-for-starters

Kindly let me know if you have any question ..

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mahesh,

I am divya, b.tech 2012 passed. Present i am learning SAP_HANA as a fresher.

i need to know the job openings about (0 to 2 Exp).Is there any recruitment for freshers?

please suggest me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

There are not too many job openings in HANA at the moment but it is expected to grow in the future with the new/upgrade of databases. One should be having experience in BI/BW/BO so that they can make use of HANA which would replace the traditional database.

HANA is an in-memory database i.e. it resides in the RAM (primary memory) making information retrieval way faster then the traditional DBMS. Availability of reports based on business data is required for various purposes for management and many stakeholders and HANA makes the data available way faster compared to the earlier databases/NON-In Memory databases.

There are many people who are learning HANA so there will be many freshers along with experienced folks searching for job in SAP (BI/BO/BW) in the development and administration track.

Along with HANA try to learn a module which compliments HANA such as (BI/BO/BW/BODS). Of course experienced people will have an advantage but still the scope and opportunity for freshers to get jobs will be there as there are many companies that look for freshers to join their existing team so that they can be trained and put to work.

Cheers,

Nagarajan Viswanathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Divya ,

kindly post your questions separately ,

Hope already Nag had answered your questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Currently i am working as Oracle PL/SQL developer. I have 3 years experience. I am planning to move to SAP as opportunities are pretty good. Could you please let me know whether HANA is good for me.

Also i want to know the below things.

What are the prerequisites for learning HANA as i am entirely new to SAP ? Does my experience (3 years) enough for getting job in HANA?

What are the roles and responsibilities of HANA consultant?

Does SAP Business Objects + HANA good combination?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ravi Teja

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

On whether HANA good for you? its actually yes and also for all. With the kind of experience you have it should be kind of easy for you to be get familiarized with SAP HANA.

Yes you may face some problems in understanding the landscape of SAP ex: BW BODS or BO. But it shouldnt be so tough.

To mention even the team i had in my current organization where i worked on implementing SAP HANA to a HiTech Major, because of the complex requirements he has got we were writing more SQL scripts there and the team was essentially having previous experience on Teradata and now after working for about 8 months in the project now they are getting more comfortable in SAP HANA.

Hope my answer cleared some of the questions you were having in your mind.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As the OP doesn't seem to care about this question anymore, I locked this discussion now.

ruediger_karl
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

two things to get started:

* Spend some time to understand the fundamental ideas of HANA. Otherwise you'd use HANA as any other database.

* Use a pre-installed HANA instance

See here:

Regards, Ruediger

vijay_kumar134
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

If you guys really interested to learn SAP HANA.

Please check   openSAP 

Here you can find the Open online courses delivered by SAP.  (You will get participation and Achievement Certificates also, if you complete the online exam and weekly practice tests)

Now the HANA live courses has been finished but you can download and learn.

Currently the below course is going on...

Next Steps in SAP HANA Cloud Platform

"Happy Learning Folks"

Thanks

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a strong background in Data networks and Cloud infrastructure (VMware and Opensource) ... is it good for me to move to SAP HANA Cloud ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

You may learn HANA cloud and see to how it benefits and can benefit businesses and go from there.

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh ,

Mark your questions as answered..

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

A fresher can learn HANA but to make most of it to build a career in SAP the right combination with HANA should be chosen. BI/BW/BODS + HANA goes good. HANA is an in-memory database which makes it different compared to the traditional databases. An in-memory data retrieves search results way faster then traditional DBs. HANA should be deployed/installed on certified HW so that you can make the most and best of HANA.

Cheers,

Nagarajan

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Absolutely. I am assuming that you have an IT background in college.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rama shankar,

I want to enter in sap.

I have 3 years experience of development.

Which will be the best field for me in sap.

Please guide

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

Which programming tools have you had exposure to in your 3 years experience. Please provide details so that we can guide you better. SAP BI is a huge area and SAP HANA is one of the tools that is relatively new and will hopefully be in high demand in the near future.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not?

HANA is just like any other similar product (databases or applications), only it is very new, trendy and hyped. HANA is pretty easy to install and comes with a nice gui unlike other products. I did an install on a 16gb VM once, but real HANA installations are very tightly coupled with dedicated hardware.

Be aware there are millions of folks that talk about HANA (like me here), but today only a few really know the technical stuff and how it works.

Do not forget to pick up a few basics on the way, like system administration, development or data warehousing. Pick whatever interests you most. It is always a bad thing being too focused on one single technology or product if you are a fresher.

Cheers Michael