Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARE 1 value not getting calculated correctly

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have an issue, where ARE 1 is not getting calculated correctly.

When BED is getting calculated from assessible value in system , the system value differs from calculated value using

calculator. Even Cess and E-Cess is wrongly calculated.

Find the calculation for your reference.

System calculation               Calculator value

Assessible value -                     2519509.03                      2519509.03
BED @ 12% -                             302338                            302341.08
Education cess @ 2 % -                  6037                               6046.82
Secondary & higher cess @ 1 % -    3030                               3023.41

We have checked the earlier threads for difference in exchange rates, but it is getting calculated for INR value only.

Also the system has be updated with recent patch EA-APPL and is in Level-11

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Sivarajesh J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brinda,

The values are flowing to ARE1, but the values are getting calculated wrongly.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Sivarajesh J

17 REPLIES 17

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP SD Billing to Internationalization and Unicode

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are the values flowing in Excise Invoice and SD Billing document ?   In normal circumstances, from billing document, all values would be converted and copied to Excise Invoice followed by ARE-1.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

As per billing doc the rates are as follows

BED- 5542.40 USD

CESS- 110.68

E-cess - 55.55

Exchange rate - 54.82

Thanks in advance.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi,

In billing it will calculate in USD but in Excise Invoice it will be converted to INR. Check what was the exchange rate while creating Excise Invoice.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

0 Kudos

Dear Sai,

The exchange rate as on 19.12.2012 when the excise invoice got created is 1 USD= 54.82INR as per OB08. Please refer to my further discussionwhere I found the calculation going wrong from the base value.

Thanks in advance,

REgards,

Sivarajesh

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmi sir,

There are totally 74 line items and I have taken few for your reference

Base amount     BED         ECD     SEC

5840.12           700.97       14.18      7.09

11680.25         1401.39      27.82      14.18

There are few line items with the same value mentioned above. The calculation comes wring , but they are same in all line items in a single coument.

Pls clarify from where the system picks the BED % as the BED value isnot exactly 12 % as we have maintained, but instead it is 11.99.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Sivarajesh J

0 Kudos

Hi,

You would have condition types for all these 3. When you create a billing document you could see BED, ECD and SEC condition types. These condition types will have condition records in VK11 with the %.

Now, in you pricing procedure your could see Asessable value condition type which will be the base for your excise duty calculations.

You may be getting variation because you are dealing in USD and then converting that into INR in excise Invoice.

Can you check any other domestic sales billing document and Excise Invoice and let us know how the duty values are coming?

@ Lakshmi Sir : Correct me If i am wrong.

Regards, Sai krishna.

0 Kudos

Dear Sai,

Lets leave exchange rate and analyse here.

When the base amount is  5840.12  then BED has to be 700.8144 , cess= 14.01629 , Ecess= 7.008 but instead the ARE doc shows the values as follows Base value = 5840.12 - BED = 700.97, CESS= 14.18 and ECESS = 7.09.

Even if there is a mistake in conversion the excise duties are getting calculated from the base value and am finding erratic calculation results. Pls check and advice.

Thanks and regards,

Sivarajesh J

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the excise duty value not flowing in ARE1 from J1iIN excise?

Regards,

Brinda

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brinda,

The values are flowing to ARE1, but the values are getting calculated wrongly.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Sivarajesh J

0 Kudos

Hi,

Apply the note-  1461578 and check again.

Regards,

Brinda

0 Kudos

Thanks Brinda,

The S note you have provided says that it is for Deemed export ( ARE-3) pricing corrections . Should we use thesame for ARE1 too.

Thanks and regards,

Sivarajesh

0 Kudos

You have not yet indicated what is the value in Excise invoice when compared to ARE-1.  As I already indicated, if any value in ARE-1 is flowing wrongly, then you need to check the corresponding excise invoice.

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

The same value is flowing from excise invoice to ARE1 document.

Regards,

Sivarajesh J

0 Kudos

Hi,

Then what is the issue?

The excise values in ARe1 will flow from excise invoice created via J1IIN.

If there is incorrect excise value in J1IIN itself then how can correct values flow in ARE1?

Regards,

Brinda

0 Kudos

Hi Brinda,

I know that both the values are wrong. But why is the calculation happening that way. Probably I should have asked why wrong calculation is happening in excise invoice then.

Rgds,

Sivarajesh

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

The company updated the patches for the client and the process is running fine now. Thanks all.

Regards,

Sivarajesh J