SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds management year end activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FM Experts,

Recently we implemented FM, now we are going for year end activities we have small doubt in commitment carry forward. the below example will example the scenario

FY-2012 For fund center and commitment item is 10000 INR the total budget has been released and create a PO with the value of 6000 INR, the commitment budget for PO is 4000 INR when i execute the FMJ2 ( Commitment carry forward) transaction code system carry forward the 4000 INR to FY 2013. when we see the FMRP_RW_BUDCON report 4000 INR is showing in current budget, available budget and consumed budget columns, once we release the budget for 2013 FY the available budget will become zero and 4000 will appear in current and consumed column  and consumable budget still shows the 10000 only in FY 2012. Is it right behavior  of the system or we are missing any closing operations configuration.

Regards,

Ravi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FM year end open commitments carry forward and its behavior depends on the customization what you did and also whether you want to carry forward open commitment only or else commitment budget also.

Suppose if you are not activated setting 'Activate budget carryforwrd commitment' (assume selected settings 'commt cfwd allwd' and 'activated bdgt CF cmt allow') then your conumable budget may not change remains as 10,000/- in  FY 2012, but in FY 2013 it will show as 4000/-

In the reverse scenario i.e., if you are activated 'Activate budget carryforwrd commitment' (assume selected settings 'commt cfwd allwd' and 'activated bdgt CF cmt allow') setting, then conumable budget will get reduced in 2012 fiscal year  (it will show as 6000/- only) and in 2013 FY it will show as 4000/-.

Comming to releasing, you can use the manual release option or automatic release option depends on the requirement.

Hope you understood the behavior, the entire logic depends on the settings of 'Enter default settings and activate budget carryfowrd commitment' settings.

Regards

Rao

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally, carry-forward budget inscriptions are registered in special periods (depends, of course, on your customization). So, when you run the report on 2012, make sure that the periods selected are from 1 to 16, and not from 1 to 12.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Thanks for your reply, As per my first post after budget carry forward, the effect of the consumable budget is remain 10000 INR or any other views, Kindly advise.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You did not explain whether you have carried forward commitments only or commitments with the budget. In the former case consumable budget for 2012 will remain as 10000, the latter, 6000.

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Minghong,

You mean to say if we carry forward only commitment the consumable budget for 2012 will be 10000 only. If carry forward the residual budget also at that time the consumable budget will be 6000 for FY 2012 right?

Now in our case we are carry forward the commitment budget only in this case current budget will show 6000 and consumable budget will show 10000 is it right behavior.

Once we carry forward the commitment to 2013 we need to manually release it through FMMPRELE is it correct or any other way.

If you clarify the above points it will be very helpful to us.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FM year end open commitments carry forward and its behavior depends on the customization what you did and also whether you want to carry forward open commitment only or else commitment budget also.

Suppose if you are not activated setting 'Activate budget carryforwrd commitment' (assume selected settings 'commt cfwd allwd' and 'activated bdgt CF cmt allow') then your conumable budget may not change remains as 10,000/- in  FY 2012, but in FY 2013 it will show as 4000/-

In the reverse scenario i.e., if you are activated 'Activate budget carryforwrd commitment' (assume selected settings 'commt cfwd allwd' and 'activated bdgt CF cmt allow') setting, then conumable budget will get reduced in 2012 fiscal year  (it will show as 6000/- only) and in 2013 FY it will show as 4000/-.

Comming to releasing, you can use the manual release option or automatic release option depends on the requirement.

Hope you understood the behavior, the entire logic depends on the settings of 'Enter default settings and activate budget carryfowrd commitment' settings.

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Dear Rao,

Thanks for your reply with out enter default settings system wont allow you to commitment carry forward. so we have to do the settings.

I have done the changes in document types here i changed the scenario for value type as budget with aromatic release and in settings for automatic release i selected carry For. Rec and Carry For. Send.

Now as per the current budget my consumable budget is sync IN 2012 and in 2013 auto release is happening for commitment budget through FMJ2.

Regards,

Ravi.

0 Kudos

Dear FM Experts,

While doing FM year end activities we faced some hurdles in my test server I got the solutions for all we have a bit concern in the below points.

1. we have one  document type ZBPC at the time of budget enter in FMBB always we used document type this only and we have two budget types PROC -  Procurement and CONS -  Consumption. For this 2 budget types i used document type ZBPC only.

2. We defined a budget type validation in consistency check defined Define Check Libraries for Budget Addresses and Assign Budget Address Check Libraries.

3. While doing year end activities in closing operations we have to define "Define Budget Entry Documents for Commitment Carry forward"

In this in document type" ZBPC" combination we can assign a single budget type either "PROC" or "CONS" . System won't allow two budget types for a single document types.

If i will maintain PROC document type  in customization system will through an error " the current budget for budget type "CONS" is negative (budget address) and vice verse at the time of FMJ2 transaction.

Please advise the best way to avoid the error at the time of FMJ2 with out deactivate the budget type derivation in consistency check.

Is there any way to define 2 budget types in closing operations customization, kindly advise.

Regards,

Ravi.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You'll need an additional budget type, say CRFW. And you assign budget processes Carry For. Recv and Carry For. Send to it. You do not create any validations to restrict this cudget type. In 'Define budget entry documents for commitment carryforward', you specify CRFW as the budget type for carryforward sender and receiver.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Dear Minghong,

Thanks for your help, and also we have to maintain the new budget type in edit status.

Then when i try to perform FMJ2 system shows the right flow and also i selected automatic scenario in document type.

so that my budget flow is sync in FY2012 and 2013.

Regards,

Ravi.