Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro - need to make fields Optional(to get rid of error msg) and hidden

0 Kudos

Hi,

Requirement-

Make WD fields 1.Optional(to get rid of error msg) and

2.Hidden

need suggestions how to make it optional and get rid of the error msg?

I tired - hiding the fields but the check happens by default and there is the list of unwanted error msg , so my plan B is to make the fields optional (not mandatory) which will avoid the field check and won't throw any error msg.

Regards,

Rohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your WD does not check if the field is mandatory or not automatically. There must be code written behind it. Please check coding on your action. Hiding will not help in this case as hidden or not the fields are empty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi,
As far as i know there is no automated mandatory field checks in webdynpro abap. So the context attribute must be read somewhere and validated. Check in the method do before action whether all the mandatory attributes of the screen are validated using class cl_wd_dynamic_tool=>check mandatory_attr. In that case you can change the state of the input field to normal. Otherwise go through the code to identify where the context attribute is read and validated.
In worst case, set the context attribute with some dummy value in init method and then hide the field.
Best Regards,
Arun Krishnamoorthy
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan Das,

You can change the state as "Normal Item" instead of mandatory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if this is not a standard component you can use STATE attribute of input field change it to normal item