cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call third-party Webservice from IDM or VDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any guide that can help Consultants to configure XML based web-service call from IDM/VDS to Non-SAP applications?

Background:

A XML based web service is hosted at a third party location. I have to invoke/call the webservice from IDM/VDS and send few values in XML.

Can IDM/VDS be used to call such web-services? If yes, is there any guide on how this can be achieved?

Thanks,

Anuj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

Have you found the solution to call third party web service via IDM/VDS ?

Regards,

Dhiman Paul

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Dhiman,

the easiest way is to implement it into java script as Jannis explains here:

You can actually take same code for calling a web service, just use different xml structure:

xmlText = "<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\" ...>\n"

+ " <soapenv:Header/>\n"

+ " <soapenv:Body>\n"

... put xml content here

+ " </soapenv:Body>\n"

+ "</soapenv:Envelope>\n";

and different xml properties:

wsURLConnection.setRequestProperty("Accept-Encoding", "gzip,deflate");

wsURLConnection.setRequestProperty("Content-Type",  "text/xml;charset=UTF-8");

wsURLConnection.setRequestProperty("SOAPAction",  SOAPAction);

wsURLConnection.setRequestProperty("Content-Length", new String(xmlText.length + 1000));

wsURLConnection.setRequestProperty("Connection",  "Keep-Alive");

wsURLConnection.setRequestProperty("User-Agent",  "SAP NetWeaver Identity Management 7.2");

wsURLConnection.setRequestMethod("POST");

wsURLConnection.setDoOutput(true);

wsURLConnection.setDoInput(true);

Regards

Norman

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anuj,

I think you might be able to infer some things from the GRC and VDS documentation, however I'd recommend posting a note to SAP about this.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

GRC conf for VDS doesn't provide any information on this matter. There is no information about webservices in GRC configuration for VDS, most of the configs from VDS to GRC are inbuilt and nothing is visible.

Thanks,

Matt