cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver AS Java - Installation error at the step "Install Java Engine"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

I'm having issue while installing SAP NetWeaver AS Java  on Windows Server 2008 R2 with MaxDB. I'm getting foffowing message at the step 26 of 39. "Install Java Engine"

=> I've checked the logfile "jstart_bootstrap_J00.log" but it's empty.

thank you for helping me solve this issue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi EKpon,

Try to stop the sap system and then maxdb database manually.

Then start the MAXDB manually first and then execute the R3trans -d command under sidadm user.

If the return code is 0000 then start the sap system and continue with the installation.

And also paste the latest log created in sapinst_dir if it does not resolve the issue.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaturvedi,

thanks for your answer. I must say, I'm a beginner in SAP Netweaver, so excuse me if i ask a low-level question 🙂 How do you start the MaxDB manually? I try in SAP Management Console but, I have there only the possibility to start/stop the NetWeaver, but not the MaxDB. The command R3trans -d is supposed to be run in Windows cmd?

Thanks for your answer

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ekpon,

1. Yes you need to run the R3trans -d on cmd with sidadm.

2. you can stop and restart the system from MMC .

Select the SID of the system -->right click --> select stop.

To start the system again select the SID in MMC -->right click and select start to start the system.

Please update me and also paste the MMC screenshot.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chatuverdi,

I have processed I you said and the Commando returns me the code <0012> . So I think I will become the same error if I continue the installation at this level. See Screnshot below

below a screenshot of my MMC. As you can see, the DB can not be started separately.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ekpon,

Can you please paste the trans.log file.

Issue seems to be in database.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chatuverdi,

here below the trans.log file content: I also attach the trans file as .txt

4 ETW000 R3trans version 6.22 (release 720 - 18.11.11 - 11:29:00).

4 ETW000 unicode enabled version

4 ETW000 ===============================================

4 ETW000

4 ETW000 date&time   : 12.03.2013 - 11:57:49

4 ETW000 control file: <no ctrlfile>

4 ETW000 R3trans was called as follows: R3trans -d

4 ETW000  trace at level 2 opened for a given file pointer

4 ETW000  [     dev trc,00000]  Tue Mar 12 11:57:50 2013                                               24057  0.024057

4 ETW000  [     dev trc,00000]  db_con_init called                                                        71  0.024128

4 ETW000  [     dev trc,00000]  set_use_ext_con_info(): rsdb/ssfs_connect not set => ssfs not used        96  0.024224

4 ETW000  [     dev trc,00000]  determine_block_commit: no con_hdl found as blocked for con_name = R/3

4 ETW000                                                                                                 125  0.024349

4 ETW000  [     dev trc,00000]  create_con (con_name=R/3)                                                 29  0.024378

4 ETW000  [    dbcon.c ,00000]  *** ERROR => Invalid profile parameter dbms/type (or environment variable dbms_type) = <undef>, cannot load DB library

4 ETW000                                                                                                 545  0.024923

2EETW169 no connect possible: "connect failed with DBLI_RC_LOAD_LIB_FAILED."

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ekpon,

Did you run the R3trans -d with sidadm user?

IF yes set the dbms/type = ADA in instance profile and restart the system.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ekpon,

Set dbms_type = ada into environment variable of user <sidadm>.

You may use the command set dbms_type ada. Then check the results for R3trans -d.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chatuverdi,

I'm logged on the system as Administrator. Do you mean this with <sidadm>? and what do you mean with instance profile? sorry for the questions, these are my first steps in NetWeaver.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ekpon,

1. For SAP System , there are profiles which contains the parameter for it.It is located in the directory

<sap installation directory>/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile.

Open the instance profile which will have the naming convention like this : <SID>_<INSTANCE>.<instance number>_<hostname>.

IF you get confused then maintain the parameter in DEFAULT. PFL file and restart the sap system.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaturvedi,

I thank you very much for you clear explanation. I coul fin the directory you described and I run the R3trans -d command in that profile, only to get the same result <0012> 😞 I wonder what I did wrong. See below the commando

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

I believe the SID is NW7, if so are you running the command as nw7adm user ?

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Benjamin,

Yes I'm running it as nw7adm user...

Regards

Koku

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ekpon,

Goto the directory   <sap installation directory>/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile and open the DEFAULT.PFL in notepad and add the entry dbms/type=ADA.

Save the file and restart the instance.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Please check the enviroment variables for the nw7adm user.

Basically the user should have the environment variables for MaxDB.

It looks like the MaxDB is not installed properly.

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Chatuverdi,

Thx for you reply. I've made the changes in DEFAULT.PFL but it still doesn't work. I also made the changes in  <SID>_<INSTANCE>.<instance number>_<hostname>. But it is strange that, when I try to run R3trans -d in the profile instance, I become now the error that it's not recognized as an internal or external command. I did the same before and it worked an returned me <0012> 😞

I think I will start the installation again and if I'm having the same issue, I'll ping you...

Tanks for taking time answering me

kind regards

Koku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Benjamin

I'll reinstall the system and see if the issue will be solved. Thanks for your help

Cheers

Koku

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please attach the sapinst_dev.log for more information.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please try to start system as it is failing to start the java .and for further troubleshooting please

check the  jstart_bootstrap_J00.log and other dev_server* log

Best Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jain,

I have stopped and restart the system as you adviced, but the file "jstart_bootstrap_J100.log" is still empty

Best regards

Koku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Joseph,

please see the attached "sapinst_dev"

Best regards

Koku