Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant Information Catalog - Guide

former_member678356
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

Someone know where can I get a Plant Information Catalog Guide a new feature of MII 14.0?

I'm looking for a how get the tags from BLS and if there are illuminator service for Plant Information Maintenance.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Edgar,

Thank you for your post....the MII 14.0 release is currently in Ramp-Up and planned to go GA in mid-May of this year.  For completeness to the community if you would like to join Ramp-Up and are a customer you can register for Ramp-Up here:

Online Scoping Tool -

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000715662&

If you belong to a partner organization you can register here:

http://partner.sap.com/rampup  -> Apply Now

I have an overview & detailed (with live demo) recording for the MII 14.0 release here on the SAP Service Martketplace:

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000756582012E 

Once you have a PCo Connector type data server setup you can open up the catalog maintenance view and define your structure against a change list, submit the change list for approval and once approved it will be live in the catalog.  This is all done as a business user task via a web front-end and on the production server to minimize the amount of involvement required by IT.

Hope this helps and please feel free to post follow-up questions,

Sam

PS:  The GA release will also have hooks back to the ERP PM Functional Location (Func. Loc, Equipment, Measurement Pts) and PP/PP-PI Work Center Hierarchies (Work Center ID) so that you can add them to your structure and this will automatically add in meta-data for the groups around these ERP definitions.  This allows you as the user to leverage your existing ERP configuration as a starting point to defining your plant operations model.  This does require an Enhancement Pack in ERP to be deployed as additional development on the ERP side was required to support this, the actual release notes will specify exactly which one is required.

former_member678356
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Salvatore.

Thanks you very much for you response, one more question, is possible use the InSQL connector?

Regards

0 Kudos

Edgar,

As of now I believe that the InSQL Connector type is still the legacy TAG and not PCO which means that it will not be visible to the Catalog.  I will be sure to pass this along to the product team so that we can see what the timeline looks like for creating a PCoConnector for InSQL so that it's visible in the Catalog and let you know via this thread what comes back.

Sam

0 Kudos

Edgar,

As a short follow-up to this you can use the existing PCo Connector to connect to the InSQL historian via their "Integration Objects' OPC HDA Server for Wonderware InSQL" and this will work with the Plant Information Catalog.  There are other vendors that expose InSQL as an OPC-HDA data source.

I did pass along your question about the MII InSQL Connector to the product team and will let you know what I hear back.

Sam

Answers (0)