Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change shopping cart status to SAVED from AWAITING APPROVAL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are in SRM7.0 , ECC EHP6.

We have the following requirement like, if the shopping carts older than 90 days are still in "AWAITING APPROVAL" status then customer wants its status to be updated to "SAVED" state. Can anyone help in providing the logic to achieve the solution.

Full points will be rewarded.

Regards,

MS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MS,

My suggestion would be, rather than deleting workitems and disrupting the workflow, why dont you create a program to auto-reject those shopping carts which are older than 90 days.  Because such rejected shopping carts will be sent back to the respective creators for action, where they can either accept the rejection or recall it and order it again.

If you have already zero-ed on to a conclusion. Please share it too.

Regards,

Karthik

Rushikesh_Yeole
Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Do not delete work items any time. If approvers do not want to approve, then you can move such items to WOrkflow Admin maintained in system. This is just one hour development.

2. make all your workflows shopping cart status dependent. [If the cart is deleted, it should cancel the workflow, If shopping cart is changed, then it should retrigger workflow etc.]

3. You can use above FM to chnage status but check all your WF are in Sync with that.

4. The other suggetion is that authorised user can change such shopping carts using auth role [either programatically or manual monitoring]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can develop a enhancement to update such SC status to Save.

FM  BBP_PROCDOC_STATUS_CHANGE

can be used to change the status of any business object, in your case

pass the below fields and updated the status as saved.

Sample coding:

CALL FUNCTION 'BBP_PROCDOC_STATUS_CHANGE'
EXPORTING
I_GUID = lv_guid
I_ACTIVITY = i_activity
I_OBJECT_TYPE = c_sc
I_SAVE_DB = 'X'
I_TEST_RUN = i_simulate
TABLES
E_MESSAGES = lt_messages
CHANGING
E_CHANGED = lv_changed .

Where as:

guid = SC guid

object_type = BUS2121

activity - check table tj01 - field vrgng

Thanks,

Govardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MS,

could you please let us know more about the background of this requirement.

This sounds quite strange to me. What is it that should happen when shopping cart gets the status "saved"? Follow on creation, ... Workflow end,...

Please let us know further details.

Regards Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

Actual requirement was, customer wants to remove the 90 days older shopping carts which are pending approval from their UWL. To achieve this, we have developed a report to delete the workitems of SC/PO older than 90 days. So, the workitems are now cleared from the UWL of the approvers.

Now customer is asking that the shopping carts whose workitems were deleted are still in awaiting approval status, and wants them to change to SAVED state so that if at all in future they want to use the same SC then they can edit the SC and re-trigger the order.

Kindly do let me know if you need any further inputs on the same.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

MS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MS,..

... you did what?!? Sorry I can't imagine why there should be a reason to delete workitems from running workflows,...

Of course the status stays in awaiting approval because your report shot dead the workflow,...

Why does the approver simply reject the old shopping Karts?

From my point of view there is no "clean" way to change this status without causing any other side effects.

Regards

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephan,

For your suggestions.. Actually many approvers are ignoring the orders in their inbox ideal sometimes for more than 90 days. So, we have developed a report to delete the workitems older than 90days only for the SC / PO related tasks.

Anyway i am aware that changing the status is not possible since the saved status is not existing in the status update table. Just want to give a blind try if some pointers can come on..

Thanks alot for the help

Regards,

MS

former_member208244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello MS,

I will not help you so much, but I cannot go out of my logical thoughts.

Is your client requirement validated by some Audit area? Every procurement document is designed by Best Practices Methodologies and to meet auditing principles.

If you may change a procurement document in this way, you are not going with best practices, you are just doing the very wrong way; so if a reviewer or also some older approver took a decision in this workflow before, the requirement just invalidates their made decision.

I thinking about the requirment, but also the UWL has the option to hide workitems.

Don`t you think that this option is better?

Kind Regards,

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MS,

this sounds to me that there is a problem with the acceptance of the process itself rather than the system.

You better talk to your process consultant to identify the problems of the approvers. May be the problems are located somewhere else.

Regards

Stephan