Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Agreement - Retention Date

Manoj_Kapoor
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In Master Agreement Header tab, there is a field called Retention Date and Retention Reminder Date.

Is there a system functionality tied behind Retention Date? Would system automatically archive or delete the Master Agreement after the Retention Date?

Reading the system documentation on Retention Date it says "

Enter a date (or use the dropdown) to select the date until which the master agreement must be stored in the system. After this date, the master agreement should be manually deleted."

So Based on system documentation Master Agreements are not automatically deleted but can be deleted manually.

I don't see a "Delete" button on Master Agreement but only "Cancel" button. Cancel button only drops the Master Agreement from Active list.

Is there a seperate Delete button?

Thanks,

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

marcella_rivi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Manoj,

First, are you sure that your user is authorized to delete the document? Please, check the security profile - your profile/s (allowing one will be enough), Business Dcoument - Master Agreement - Document Delete to ALLOW.

Second, can you check these Prerequisites:

You can delete an agreement (either active or inactive) if the
following conditions are met:
1. The current date is later than the value in the End Date field on
the Header page.
2. The current date is later than the value in the Retention Date field
on the Header page. (There must be a value in this field, and it must
be in the past, in order to delete the document.)
3. The agreement is not flagged as perpetual.
4. The agreement can be deleted only if its subagreements are deleted.

Regards,

Marcella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Manoj.  You indicated that a deleted document can’t be restored. Can a Cancelled or Closed document be restored using the same MA #?

The situation I am facing is an Executed document Cancelled in error.

Harriet

marcella_rivi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

You cannot restore a cancelled document. You can only view them using the report Search Agreements and Master Agreements Cancelled or Closed.

Marcella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I found documentation that indicates that an MA may only be deleted manually by the use of a workbook.  However, no reference to what workbook was provided, nor did I find a specific workbook identified for deleting an MA record.

Also, is there no way to correct an agreement record that has been cancelled or closed in error by activating the same record and MA#?  We have mistakes made that appear as though they cannot be corrected.

Thanks,

Harriet

Manoj_Kapoor
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Harriet,

As I understand, Cancelling, Closing, Deleting are three seperate actions for a Master Agreement.

Once can delete a document from the system, if the retention date has passed and one has the security profile which allows deleting the MA. Deleted document can't be restored.

One can close a document when the Expiration Date has passed.

One can cancel a document at any time when one is working on a MA.

Thanks,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj ,

You can see the Close and Cancel under Document drop down context in the toolbar . They are not buttons. Are you referring to the Cancel button which gets visible once edited?.. Both the things are different , the second one would discard your changes made to MA and exit without saving.

Thanks

Uday