Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitations of GRC provisioning framework

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was surprised  going through the limitations of GRC provisioning framework.

(1) Obtaining information about managed systems and roles has to be done regularly – there is no automatic process for this.

Below are the tasks which I have ran initially.Should I keep running these tasks at certain intervals to ensure that any new managed system/new roles are propagated into IdM ?

AC 10.0 – Initial Load – Commons

AC 10.0 – Initial Load – Centralized provisioning

(2) The framework does not support the enhanced 7.2 approval mechanism introduced with SAP NetWeaver Identity Management 7.2 SP4, i.e. the framework is implemented using the approval functionality prior to this enhancement. Enabling the 7.2 approval mechanism, you will experience issues with role assignments.

I think this is a big drawback. I had gone through the new features in SP4 and would love to use the new Approval Mechanism. Since I am using GRC Provisioning framework, I will have to turn off the new Approval Mechanism.Can someone clarify, if I can still continue to forward requests to Manager/Role Owner in IdM using the approval mechanism prior to SP4.

Cheers,

Murali.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Murali,

In regards to your issue (1), create a task that does both (I think you only need to copy one pass into the other job) and schedule it to run on a schedule.

For (2), you might need to log something on the IDM Idea place.

https://ideaplace.brightidea.com/ct/s.bix?c=1266D389-2DC5-45B1-AFD5-167A36068A28#/?ideaView=5515&sta...

Matt

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt.

With regard to (2), did you go about using the Approval mechanism which was available prior to SP4 when using the GRC Framework ?

Also, wanted to hear from you how you managed the GRC_MANAGER_ID in your implementation ?

Cheers,

Murali

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Murali are you using the centralized or distributed model?

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Centralized model with Polling results

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Murali,

Check the docs.  I think if you want the approval you need distributed model.

Matt

Answers (0)