cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consignment Stock Purchase Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We're have several wholesale customers that are maintained via the consignment inventory process in SAP. We will now be drop shipping finished goods directly from a vendor to these consignment customer locations bypassing the KB sales order life cycle. Can a Purchase Order to a vendor i.e. type NB be used to order stock for a consignment customer? Ideally I would like to place PO for finished goods and when I receive the ASN from the vendor simply receive the finished goods directly into the consignment customers inventory via the 101W movement type. I have the feeling that this may require some configuration so any input would be helpfull. My focus right now is on the PO for the consignment stock.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

I think we need to create a PO with the account assignment category as 'K". This would indicate that the PO is for Consigned stock.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe the account assignment K indicates that the finished goods are vendor consignment inventory as opposed to customer consignment inventory. When I create the line items in the PO with K as my assignment K I'm still only indicating a plant and storage location to receive the inventory as opposed to a customer designation. Again I believe this is for vendor consignment. I'm looking to issue a PO for consignment inventory to be shipped to a consignment customer location. Any other help is much appreciated.