Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine receiver without using element in payload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Appreciate input on the following:

We have two receivers:

<b>Receiver A</b>

All messages sent to the receiver at all times.

<b>Receiver B</b>

All messages sent to the receiver at certain times e.g. during testing to grab a copy of inbound messages.

We can set up receiver determination to parse the payload (via xpath) and decide if it should be sent to <b>Receiver B</b>. However, this requires the sender to make some identifiable change in the payload i.e. we depend on the sender system which may not be under our direct control.

Is there a way to build a framework that allows me to set a 'flag' in our XI system to decide if the the message should be sent to <b>Receiver B</b>.

I know I can do it by changing the receiver determination. But each time I do this, I have to maintain my development environment and re-transport the CS to multiple test and production systems.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thx, Duncan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Duncan,

Check the following link

<a href="/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16:///people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16

Here u determine the receiver using mapping. So probably u can play with ur mappin and determine the receivers.

Regards,

Akshay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Duncan,

You can also have a look at Standard context Objects in Conditional receiver determination, where u can take the decision on Source File Size, Directory,etc in case of File Adapter. And various Context objects for different kind of Sender Adapter/Communication Channel.

Check if these standard Context Objects would help your way.

Regards,

Sudharshan

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A possible workaround could be to use enhanced receiver determination and, in the mapping of the receiver determination, you could use RFC Lookup API to check some table value in ABAP stack. You could use a table in any SAP system with ABAP stack (R/3, XI, BW) on your landscape. Also, your dev, qas and prd XIs could connect to the same table (no need for a separate one for each system), reducing your maintenance effort.

Regards,

Henrique.