cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allocation structure and settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

While attempting to settle the wbs costs to a higher level wbs elements , system is neither throwing an error nor any message and  settlement is not being executed and no documents are generated for display.

I have tried with different permutations and combinations of allocation structure like by Using "settle by Cost element" and nothing looks working ..

Alternatively i  have tried by creating  settlement cost elements  and strangely i have created a settlement cost element  category 22 system is not accepting to sue this category in the allocation structure while category 21 is being accepted by the system .

But then again when i run the settlement, no error message or warning messages ,cJ88 was executed but no settlement is taking place and no documents can be seen.

I am not sure  where the disconnect is..

The scenario is settling the actual costs and RA is out of  scope.

Appreciate if some could help me on this..

Regards

Judy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please read this link is self explantory on cost element categories.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/08/5144dd43b511d182b30000e829fbfe/content.htm

Take the help from your CO consulant.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Thanks for the Link..

The issue of settlement still persists inspite of following the cost element as per Note described in the sap help.

Regards

Judy

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello judy,

1) are you executing CJ88 transaction, enter the WBS child that you want to settle or parent WBS with flag " with hierarchy"

If this is ok, check

2)  you have actual costs in the period you are settlement : value type of the actual cost have to be 04, statistical costs are not settled. And check they are not settled yet

3) check you are not locking the project / wbs when you execute the settlement

if this is correct, costs have to be settled, then if they are not settled you should display a error....

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara Vigil,

For the settlement WBS , I have set the flag"with Hierarchy" and has checked the actual value type and it is "4".

I am ensuring that i am totally out of the project. such that none of the project objects are Locked ..

And yet could not succeed ..

Coming to the period , they both are in sync .I mean , the period of costs posted and the period of settlement.

I will provide more details:

Step 1: Successfully Actual Costs  are posted to Activity .(Ex.0010)

Step 2: Successfully settled the Activity costs(0010)  to the parent WBS(Ex:ABC.01.01) ~  Settings in Allocation structure"By cost element"

Step 3: Now the problems i am facing is  settling the Costs from Parent WBS(ABC.01.01) of Activity to the Top WBS (ABC.01)..

Regards

Judy