comment is appreciated

Regards,

Oskar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oskar,

I believe you should be able to assign the profile S_USER_ALL to any user. Please check if you have enough authorizations to create users/assign profiles to users.

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your answer.

I think I must add some additional info. I tried to create a new

user in client 066 with default user SAP*. This user

does not allow to change it's own privileges

as well does not allow to assign roles etc.

to a user in creation process ?

comment is appreciated

Regards,

Oskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

Make sure that  SAP* belong to the group SUPER in all clients.

Can you please provide all the step you are performing ?

Rgds,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi oskar,

You can very well try with sap* user to create a user in 001 and/or in a newly created client .

Case with 066: In my knowledge no point in creating a user in 066 because  EarlyWatch user is delivered in client 066 and is protected with the password “SUPPORT”. The EarlyWatch experts at SAP work with this user  This user should only be used for EarlyWatch functions (monitoring and performance).This user should not be deleted. Change the password.

"Apart from initial installation and support (066) can theses clients be used in development, testing and production environements?"

Answer: No, they cannot be used for development, testing or production environments. When I say, "they cannot", I mean they are not supposed to be used.So no point in creating a user.

066: Early Watch Client

This client is purely a service client that enables SAP to access remotely the customer system with regard to analyzing errors and performance. You must not change or delete this client.

Also please find the below link and get a better understanding on clients :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/3e/cdaccbedc411d3a6510000e835363f/content.htm

Thanks and regards

alen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your comments ...

Alen,

you are absolutly right, creation of user in client 001 is possible

but not within 066 because of purpose of client 066  ( checked it )  .....

My last question :

So I need to make a client copy of 001 to get development / test

or production client

Regards,

Oskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Oscar,

Yes, The best practice is to create a new client..

Clients 000, 001 and 066 are standard clients that are pre-delivered by SAP. These clients are not supposed to be used in development, quality and production environments.

Client 000 is basically used as working client only when you do support pack upgrade or ABAP load generations (SGEN) and implementing additional languages, etc. Otherwise, client 000 should not be used as a working client. The same applies to client 001. But the only exception with 001 is, with Solution Manager, 001 will be your working client. You will do all configurations and obtain support from SAP through this client. With other Systems like BW and CRM, this client (001) will not be a working client. Two standard users (SAP* and DDIC) are defined in the clients 000 and 001.

Clients and Their Roles:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/6c/a74a3735a37273e10000009b38f839/frameset.htm

Customizing Clients

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/EN/7e/c8189452c511d182c50000e829fbfe/content.htm

Rgds,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your detailed comment .... learned a lot

in short time  ...

Regards,

Oscar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assign SAP_ALL if you want to provide all the rights to user, or create role using tcode PFCG and and

this S_USER_ALL in it and then assign this role to user.

-Hardeep