cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Character Encoding: What is the difference between CharsetConversion and CallBicXIRaBean?

former_member434498
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SCN,

Good day!

I'm to setup a receiver communication channel for a trading partner in SAP PI 7.11.

Does anyone know what is the difference between the two modules below in terms of character conversion?

In PI, we use UTF-8 while our trading partner use ISO-8859-2 (UNOD).

localejbs/Seeburger/CharsetConversion

sourceEnc - UTF-8

targetEnc - ISO-8859-2

localejbs/CallBicXIRaBean

srcEncoding - UTF-8

destEncoding - ISO-8859-2

When do we need to use the conversion on module CharsetConversion against CallBicXIRaBean?

I appreciate if you could enlighten me on this.

Thanks,

Carlo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the module

localejbs/CallBicXIRaBean

srcEncoding - UTF-8

destEncoding - ISO-8859-2

is used, when you need to do some format conversion, e.g. if you receice EDI-data (like EDIFACT, ANSI X12....) and need to process it in PI as XML-equivalent.

Or if you need to send out EDIFACT, ANSI X12, TRADACOM...etc you use this module to convert your XML-equivalent structure to the real EDI-data.

The "encoding" is then just an additional parameter, which is often needed as PI internally works with UNICODE but the partners in different countries use different local encodings...

The Module

localejbs/Seeburger/CharsetConversion

sourceEnc - UTF-8

targetEnc - ISO-8859-2

can be used without performing a format-conversion from EDI-data to XML-data but it can just change the "charset" of a given file when executed in the module chain.

Kind Regards

Stefan

former_member434498
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan 🙂

Answers (0)