Did you mean: 

SAP EP Logon Class Enhancement

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement on SAP EP, following are the details on which I need help:

As IS:

Currently on the portal, there are some WD JAVA based reports which are being called when a user clicks on any of the reports mentioned under REPORTS tab on the portal. Whenever there is a report call, there is a BAPI at the back-end which retrieves list of Customers which are mapped to that User id is  being called & the report fetches result for that specific customer (mapped to the user id logged in).

This action happens on every report call, i.e the BAPI is called on every report call.

To BE:

The requirement is to have a new DC created, through which this BAPI should be called only once per user login session, & the reports shall retrieve data for the customer list mapped against that user id logged in for any report call without calling the BAPI for every report click.

Could you please let me know how to proceed on achieving this requirement?

I would need the name of the Standard logon class on EP & have this called in the newly created DC & the BAPI being called on at user login & the resultant customer list being stored somewhere in the DC in such a way that every report call can access the customer list from here without calling the BAPI again and again..

Helpful answers will be rewarded..

Many Thanks

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wouldn't it be simpler to just retrieve the list of customers in your custom DC, store it in the context and use that as a basis for your report retrieval from the backend?

To have your list accessible to other DC's, you will need to have some kind of persistancy though

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Robin,

However i want the BAPI calls  (for customer list retrieval) to happen on user login itself....

Any suggestions on this?

Many thanks

Ankur

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could create your own login module and incorporate the desired logic, see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/3ce9402f3f8031e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htmfor more info.

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks robin,

I shall try this option & see if I get through my requirement with this one.

Shall post  again if some queries on this.

Many thanks

Ankur

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm working on NWDS 7.3 & doing Development in WD JAVA perspective.

I've created a custom DC which contains a BAPI in it. I have some existing DC which need to have access to the return table of the BAPI of my custom DC.

For this, I've created necessary Public parts & Dependencies, however I'm unable to call the interface method of my custom DC into the existing DC!!

Can anyone please provide help on what I may be missing here? I need to have data communication between my custom DC & the existing DCs!!

Many Thanks

Ankur

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The above query on DC to DC communication has been resolved....

Some steps were missing in the interface controller of the DC.

Thanks

Ankur