Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to exclude values from field BEGRU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this:

In several roles I have authorization-objects where I want to restrict the values of the BEGRU-Field. Today BEGRU is set to * but now I have to exclude one spesific value (the value ZA).

The BEGRU-Field can have values 0000-ZZZZ, how can I configure the object to exclude the value ZA while all other values are still permitted?

8 REPLIES 8

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thor,

BEGRU is part of more than one Auth Object, first thing I would ask from business is which object the values should be restricted. Then you can go to table V_TBRG, and for that object what are values available for auth group and then build the range based on that.

Regards,

Shivraj

0 Kudos

Hi and thank you for your answer. When I check the table V_TBRG in SE16 and spesify an object, i.e. M_MATE_MAR no values are listed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thor,

In a simple way.... provide the below range:

0000 - Y*

ZB* - ZZ*

This should resolve you issue.

Thanks

Anil Reddy Surukanti

0 Kudos

Hi and thank you for your answer. I think the suggested ranges also would restrict access to values like ZABB, ZADF ? I only want to restrict access to the spesific value ZA.

Best regards,

Thor-Egil

0 Kudos

Hi Thor,

In that case the range would be :

0000 - Y*

ZA0* - ZAZ*

ZB* - ZZ*

Try to apply the range by excluding the particular value.

Anyways, It's recommended to fallow the suggestion from Security Guru - Julius von dem Bussche

Thanks

Anil Reddy Surukanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

BEGRU is a thing of evil and is riddled with holes. Using it is mostly a waste of resources as the likelihood of BEGRU approaching * is directly proportional to number of master data changes.

Additionally the reporting options using LDBs don't check BEGRU nor does BW nor does CO-objects, and so if you want to add the check you have to modify the logical database.

Rather move on to something more useful...  🙂

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The range should be maintained as below in the field.

0000 - Y*

Z - Z999

ZA0 - ZAZZ

ZB - ZZZZ

Thanks

Aktar

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thor,

My suggestion will be

1) follow the point Julius made.

2) Update ZA to ZAAA, & implement the rule to use all 4 char for the values, otherwise you will be in the same situation when you have to exclude ZB or ZAA etc etc.

Regards,

Shivraj