cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS Monitoring/Service Desk using Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are setting SAP system in our company "new implementation" and i am looking into this areas for some help/guidance. CCMS/Service Desk.

CCMS Setup using Solution manager

1. Setting up CCMS in Solution manager.We are on SOl Manager 7.0 EPH1. If i set up alerts on child system "ECC" on things like file system, tablespaces. My question is how do the admin/helpdesk team  get the alerts. Does the CCMS has some built in functionality that it can be configured to send a email to user in case of alert or IT need to be integrated with some third part alert systems.

2. If any one has setup CCMS using SOlution Manager can they send the document to me . Will  really appreciate it.

3. Service Desk: How many people are using this functionality . It looks to me that its lot of effort to integrate thrid party ticketing system and additional cost. Why would some one integrate their ticketing system in another System . To me it add complexity , additional point of failure and donot see much value of this function in SLM. Would like to see what other people think about this area and how many have implemented it.

Thanks All.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

You say you have a new implementation, however you already have a SolMan system.

As you are not really using that system (yet) you might want to consider upgrading it to SSM 7.1

It will make a lot of your tasks a lot easier.

For starters, you can forget about CCMS Monitoring, this is something SAP is slowly getting rid of.

In SSM 7.1 MAI (Monitoring and Alerting Infrastructure) is taking over.

Fairly easy to configure, out of the box.

You might want to do some customizing once you have it setup, but it will change your feelings about monitoring, I promise

You will find lots of documentation about this online:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechOps/System+Monitoring+-+How-to+Guides

As for your comment on ServiceDesk in SSM.

(Configuration has been made easier in 7.1 as well)

The reason why one would consider using it, well, there's lots of reason actually.

Speaking as an SAP consultant, having used a lot of different helpdesk tools, SSM is by far the easiest to use, not a lot of screens and buttons you never use.

Plus seamless integration with AGS, and the list goes on!

Hope this all helps!

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks David .ON the functionality wise . What can this service desk do.I have never used this so just want to get myself more familiar on what it can or cannot do.

1.Can this be only used for  SAP related issue or other system issue.

2. IF we want to capture other non sap system related issue do we have to integrate with some third party software or  service desk can be customized also to handle other system related issue.

3. Is it better to have third party software like remedy etc instead of SAP service desk,If service desk cannot integrate other non sap related system issue . why would company want to keep 2 help desk system one for SAP and other for NON SAP. Can you please share some thought on that

Thanks

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

1. Non-sap can be captured as well, however you have to pay a license fee.

2. Synchronization to a 3rd party tool is supported.

You can send me an email where I can explain further.

Regards,

David

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy

the days are gone where service desk is for SAP

Now we have full ITSM(incidentproblem knowledge and change management) capability in Solution Manager 7.1 including infrastructure management

for non sap it is already covered under enterprise support for customer's

check here

http://www.insiderlearningnetwork.com/kristineiln/blog/2013/02/21/prepare_for_itsm_with_sap_solution...

hope it clarifies

regards

prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question:

IF user want to open incident using Service Desk/ITSM implemented in Sol manager .

1.How do User open the ticket..Is there any web interface which is available to all users to or they log ticket using Sol Manager id. How does the incident opening process happen.

2. Do you have to configure areas type like Hardware/software/USer id /Program issue/Network and other area which usually are present in Software like Remedy. Does ITSM comes built in with these type of categories.?

3. WHat the experience of users using ITSM as service DEsk tool. WIll definetly like to know about user experiece

Thanks ALL for your input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

As mentioned above, the integration with third party ticketing tool is a lot easier with SM7.1. And as far as the questions go -

1. SAP users can directly do it from their own screens. In fact with EHP5, it is very well possible to capture the screen which the user was on while creating the ticket, and attach it with the ticket. This makes the job of a service desk analyst a lot more easier.

2. There is this concept of multilevel categorization. You can configure it extensively in the way you would like it. SAP also gives a very simple example which can be used once the multilevel categorization is configured. You might want to take a look at it, and then change it or build new categories, depends on what you are looking for.

3. I have received a lot of positive feedback from the users (60%). Specially as they don't have to come out of SAP to create a ticket. The overall resolution time for tickets decreases using this approach.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

For queries

1. there are lots of options available while with ITSM, (ex: Message created, directly from satellite system, from CRM_UI, from workcenter)

Better view the demos available under

Http://service.sap.com/rkt-solman -> sap components -> Solution manager 7.1 /Solution manager 7.0

2. For ITSM configuration setup, refer this

http://service.sap.com/alm -> application life cycle management -> incident, problem,request management

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_OBJECT=011000358700000514762011E&_SCENARIO=011000358700...

For ccms , the support group get alerts if you done Auto reaction, other case in work center we have alert inbox.

In 7.1. we have new SMD based technical  monitoring, much more efficient than ccms.

refer SAP Community Network Wiki - Technical Operations - Home

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jansi. Thanks

For web client do we have to install CRM system as part of the service desk.We donot have CRM system in our landscape.

How does the Web client works. Is web client a part of solution manager or we need to install CRM. In organization  many people don't have SAP account ,so how will they open ticket ticket for SAP or NON SAP system.It will be difficult to imagine that ever single user  need to be created in Client System{ECC, since we only have ECC} . How will NON SAP users can open incident tickets for non sap system . How is Service desk handling this scenario.

Can you share some of your experience on this.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to activate workcenter .....incident management for service desk

it is web based interface available to post messages outside of sap system

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/6a/4b4713fc2e45ad921a20b0831d07a5/content.htm

also service desk is based upon CRM and it is part of Solution Manager so don't need CRM system separately

you need to create a user id for all users in Solman and master data like sap roles for incident management+workcenter , Business Partner etc which enables you to do the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakhar.

So to post message or open incident ticket for non sap systems . Does it need to be configure to include non sap systems or standard built in functionality cover most of the scenarios. Ex A user call to report issue related Lotus Note then how do they open a ticket related to Lotus notes.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes like you configure master data for SAP systems similarly you need to create master data for non sap systems etc

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/45/37bd3d4beb6d7be10000000a114a6b/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am following this guide here. Is it complete guide , if you can confirm please . if you have some complete steps then can you provide it to me.

http://scn.sap.com/people/federico.babelis2/blog/2006/04/14/service-desk-configuration-guide-for-dum....

My system is "SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0.

I am stuck on this step "

Assign number range for Service Desk Messages:'

as i donot see this under basic setting " SAP Solution Manager System --> Service Desk --> Number Ranges for Notifications.". Can you please tell where is this located now for 7.01 EHP1

Assign Number Range for Service Desk Messages

a. Go to transaction SPRO Open the tree and navigate to SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide --> SAP Solution Manager --> Basic Settings --> SAP Solution Manager System --> Service Desk --> Number Ranges for Notifications.

Thanks

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

directly enter tcode SNRO and maintain the no. range for CRM_SERVIC object or the one you have for your transaction type configured if different.

this will resolve no. range issue.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

So when i go to TCode : DNO_CUST01 to assign  ABA Messages: I have only 3 entries there

ABSC          02                            RP          PR                                                                               

SLF1          01                            RP          PR          DNO_NOTIF          SLFN0001_STANDARD_DNO

TASK          02         TASK          MA          RE                                                                               

I did above  task for this message type SLF1 as per blog step

To assign "Assign number range for Service Desk Messages" i went to tcode SNRO "put this object CRM_SERVIC

NR :CRM Service Process

01          8000000000          8999999999          8000000389

02          9000000000          9999999999          0             X"

I have also done this number range  by using this tcode

DNO_NOTIF

NR :Basic Notification

009999000000          009999999999          0

000000000001          000000999999          0        X

008000000000          008999999999          0

Question: How many type of number range needs to be assigned . My system will be ECC and SOlution manager {that's it}.

What i done above is that all what is needed for Thi section. Thanks in advance. I am new to this area so have lots of question

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy

have you created BP and assigned roles as well

also what is the error you are facing the SNRO no. range likeyou have mentiond is sufficient but just confirm with your transaction type in IMG(SPRO)

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar

In my system i found  "Solution Manager --> Basic Settings --> SAP Solution Manager System --> Service Desk --> Number Ranges for Notifications" at this location "

SAP Solution Manager >Scenario Specific Settings >Service Desk >Service Desk >General Settings"

So i set up as mentioned in Blog.

I have activated these BC set in ealier set

SOLMAN40_SDESK_BASICFUNC_000

SOLMAN40_SDESK_ACT_ADVCLOSE_001

SOLMAN40_SDESK_ACTIONLOG_001

SOLMAN40_SDESK_TPI_ACT_AST_001

SERVICE_DESK_CHANGE_REQUEST_32A

SERVICE_DESK_CHANGE_REQUEST_32F2

SERVICE_DESK_CHANGE_REQUEST_32A7

SERVICE_DESK_CHANGE_REQUEST_32A8

SERVICE_DESK_CHANGE_REQUEST_32A9

SVDSK_CORPFUNC_SECURE_AREA_32_01

There is 2 things which i cam across later one when doing Business Partner -> Create -> Organization . I donot see any  this in my drop down selection

1.In the Sales tab, select Sol_Customergroup from the input help in field Customer Group 1.

2. Define Service Desk Destinations in the Solution Manager System . I donot know where is this located in SPRO as it not in path mentioned.

3.Is there any configuration guide specially for SLM7.0 EHP1 , please let me know if you have

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to perform this"Define Service Desk Destinations in the Solution Manager System"by doing SM30, select the view BCOS_CUST

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario: IF user is executing tcode and have authorization issue . He open the message from the same screen. So component information gets populated in the message but what about the other information like SU53 auth trace. Will user has to manually attach the Su53 information or system will pick up itself that user was having this auth issue and attach to the message .

I am not clear. I created a test message but don't see auth trace info from Su53 attach to message. Trying to understand how it works.

Scenario 2. When in the message screen is put in status of processing .following link are greyed out "customer action/proposed solution". Any reason why they are greyed out and what need to be done to enable them.

How is the message out back in the bucket of user who opened the message to get some more information as part of the process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All"from heart" and specially Prakhar. Thanks a Lot.

I was able to create a prototype for service desk in my SLM and Sand Box System. Able to create a message and see in SOL Man. That great. I have general question regarding some area.

1.Create Message Processors

2.Create Organization Business Partners

How are these 2 link . I created One employee and One Business org which i kept as SOLD TO new party. Is this the default configuration for Service desk.

1. How many message process do i need to create. What is the criteria for that. Do i have to for each processor who work in help desk and will handle first suppot call or i need to put entire IT group who will eventually get assigned to t tickets s helpdesk assigned ticket to them.

2.Why do we create Create Organization Business Partners.How many do we create. if some one can shed the lights why we do this that will be really helpful.

3. How to access web link which end user can access to create ticket.

4. What is the difference in creating support message Through Help Tab in client system V/s creating message using t-code in Solution manager

Thanks

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

enter tcode

sm_workcenter this will give URL which can be shared with all SD users

it depends upon their authoriziation ie. Reporter or Processor what they can see

Its upto ur req to create org BP for support team and their det check these blogs

http://scn.sap.com/people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/10/06/service-desk-support-team-determination

for triggering emails

http://scn.sap.com/people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/09/18/sending-e-mail-from-support-message

regards

Prakhar