Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Classification Customer Master - Two Digits required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

At present we can have only one digit for Tax Classification in Customer Master

We have a requirement of two digits (9 already exceed and A to Z are also over)

Please let us know alternate solutions (or SAP Notes if any) to have double digits for Tax Classification

Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Taxes - Define Tax Relevancy Of Master Records - Customer Taxes (T Code : OVK3)

Thanks .... Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member211462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh S

What i understand from your previous posts is that , the tax classifications already existing in the standard system is over and now you need more classification indicators for other unique customers , well instead of creating new tax classification indicator why dont you create a new combination for the existing condition type say like Sales org. and customer condition group . Now when you create the sales order you could just select the tax rate you want from the condition group tab in the header of the sales order . After that in the pricing screen in items , just update the price by C . I think you new rates could be captured . Instead changing something standard just try . May be helpful .

Regards

JNM

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is very strongly not recommended to change character length of any standard field. You can create new condition type or use special characters. I am surprized to see there are so many taxes in your business

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

Defining a new condition type is the only solution because the tax classification field can only be one character technically.

A