cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging Transports during Upgrade ( /usr/sap/trans)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing upgrade from 4.6B to 4.7. Currently we have Landscape for 4.6B with D46->Q46->P46. Also the seperate upgrade systems D47-->Q47. We are preparing another system for P47 for testing the upgrade. We are system copying from P46 to P47. We have also establised Transport domain 4.7 systems, which is working fine. We could transport changes from D47 to Q47.

The question is, how to merge the transport filesystems? I mean how to merge the /usr/sap/trans/46 and /usr/sap/trans/47 ? We need to allow the user to see transports log for 4.6 and also 4.7 ?

Would appreciate if you could guide on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I meant that the reasons for which you wanted to merge is something I have never heard though in hindsight I must say that it is an important requirement.

Upgrade utilities will take care of your requirement in normal cases but in your case you actually have created a sandbox landscape on different servers.But I think the actual upgrade will be performed on the same servers D46->Q46->P46.So the answer to recommended way is that upgrade tools by SAP take care of these.

In your special case copying the 4.6C transport directory will not be a bad option but I would still recommend you to try this out in small packages. But if nothing works then copying trans directory will be needed.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I am not sure if it is a great idea and whether you should go for it ( i have never heard about such a requirement) but I guess you can try out this:

in /usr/sap/trans/log you can find the transport logs. may be you can copy one file for 46c and place it under same path under 47c. Then may be you can copy some of the related data files and cofiles (related to log files) and copy them to corresponding folders and then do a check. Do it for small quantities onyl initally for testing.

I mean this may work or may not work but may be it is worth a try.

Hope this helps.

Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruchit,

Thanks for your reply. Let me try as you have suggested.

( This system(P47) is for test only prior to upgrade. Also D46 and Q46 are installed in the same Unix host. Also D47 and Q47 are installed in the same Unix host)

Would like to know, what would be the recommended way to do it? (you have mentioned that "I have never heard about such a requirement") .

We are trying to see that old(4.6) and new (4.7) transport requests should be able to be seen by the user after upgrade.

Thanks & Regards,

Sam