SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4 - PSM_FA_CASH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I got to know that there is a new functionality called " PSM, Cash-Basis Accounting and Cash Flow Reporting  " in EHP 4 whereby one can maintain books of account on Cash Basis by creating a separate Parallel Ledger for Cash accounting.

We have a requirement to track actual payment for Project System, so we are considering PS Cash Management but I would like to evaluate this option also but could not get much information.

I hereby request that if any one has used this function than he can share some details like what does it actually do and how does it work. I have checked SAP help already but interested in a kind of test scenario.

Thanks a lot in anticipation ....

4 REPLIES 4

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj

In cash flow reporting, cash inflows and outflows (postings to the Cash GL Account) are split by the Revenue/Expenditure Account on the preceding document (usually AR or AP invoice). This provides a more detailed view of the cash receipts and payments. In order to use Cash Flow Reporting you must use the New GL preferably with the table PSGLFLEXT. You must also set up the Cash GL Account in Item Categories for splitting and also configure constants as required.

Please note that Projects are not a splitting characteristic so cash flow by project is not provided in Cash Flow Reporting. To get cash transactions by project I suggest you look at Project System configuration and explore reporting options.

I have no direct experience with Cash Basis Accounting but my understanding is that in CBA revenues and expenditures are not recognized until the related cash transaction is posted.

Thanks

Shyam

CesarCarreno
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj, as Shyam recommeds it seems more useful to you to use the Project Cash Management functionality, have a look at

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/4c/22748846e611d189470000e829fbbd/content.htm?framese...

Regards

César

0 Kudos

Thank you Shyamal and Cesar for the message..

Actually We are also using Fund Management, and I learned that there is some conflict in using Fund management and Project System Cash Management together.

I actually could not figure out the conflict (May be because we are not using Fund Management for Project but only for O&M Expenses ) but at the same time trying to check other possibility.

Thanks for the message..

0 Kudos

The restriction between FM and Project CM are described in the SAP Library:

"The component Funds Management cannot be used simultaneously with the application component Project Cash Management if you are using year-dependent master data in Funds Management.

If you want to use Funds Management simultaneously with Project Cash Management, Project Cash Management can only process ten-digit commitment items."

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/f0/ca5716260211d28a430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

César