Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up user default in GRC10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on SP9 in GRC10.0

I facing problem while setting user default for request type “User Lock”

I have performed all steps as specified in SAP Note 1615552 but still default values are not reflecting in UMR after request is approved.

Attaching below screenshot of each step

Step 1:

Enter default values

Step 2:

Decision table setting

Step 3: Mapping user default ID

4. Updating action of request type "Lock"

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

are you able to try the result in BRF+ as 001 instead of 1? Not sure if this is a display setting. When I look at SE16 table GRACUSERDEFAULT in SE16 standard, it shows the preceding zeros

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thanks for your reply.

As per your suggestion, I changed the default ID from 1 to 001 in BRF application and saved / activated it but still the same issue.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayesh

I just configured it and it worked for me (I'm on SP11 though - if that makes a difference)

Some things your screens shots don't show that I got caught on

1. Maintain User Defaults - drill into the entry and make sure you have 'ACTIVE' selected (yep, I did the obvious mistake)

2. BRFPlus Function Properties - When I came into the Function "USER_DEFAULT_FUNCTION" for the Properties Tab I had to change the Mode Drop Down from "Event" to "Function and Event". I then added the Expression table to the Function as Top Expression

3. For Expression Table - I used the match code to select all of my values. I did a simply test of Req Type = 001 then give User Default Id = 001 and Request Type <> 001 then give User Default Id = 002. I did this to remove any potential combinations not accounted for (verify IMG configuration is correct and BRF+ application activated)

4. Maintain Defaults

In the Lock I had to remove Action LOCK and Add MODIFY and LOCK. My Lock Actions now are:

USER DEFAULTS

REMOVE (not sure if needed)

CHANGE & LOCK USER

It might be the Default Actions causing the issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thanks for your reply. My issue is resolved now.

It was action as you advised in step 4 which was causing the issue.

Thanks & Regards

Jayesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Colleen,

I am following your steps from above and I think I completed # 2 correctly but am having trouble with # 3. For some reason its not allowing me to add a column and select data objects (only SNC) when adjusting the out of the box expression. I've successfully create many initiator and routing rules so not sure what I missed here. Screen shots attached. Note I am using the out of the box User Default Object per note 1615552. Should I maybe create a new custom expression

Thanks,

Kyle

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Kyle

Is there a reason you decided on a decision tree?

User Defaults can easily be done via an Decision Table

Are you using the SAP delivered BRFplus function module or did you create your own?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am using the standard one provided. Therefore I should just be able to insert a Decision Table, activate and have it working correct? Plus the other config obviously needed.

AHH! That's it. I must have grab a tree instead of a table. Just took another set of eyes to realize it. I looked at another system and the standard function is empty so I must hav add the wrong one. dumb dumb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Colleen, I was able to get it working with the decision table!

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

glad to hear!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayesh,

You can also ref the below SAP Note

#1684783: UAM: User Defaults not considered for create/change request.

Regards,

Shaily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaily,

Thanks for your reply.

SAP note # 1684783 also describe exactly same steps which I performed but no luck.