cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an FTP server for PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to create an FTP server on my local PC and would like to connect it to PI server to create a file to file scenario.How is it possible?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Regards,

Sambaran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sambaran,

Have you tried with T code SXDA_TOOLS.

You can upload file from your system to  AL11.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I dont have the authorisation to SXDA_TOOLS :'( AL11 yes,but how can I upload file thorugh AL11??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sambaran,

AL11 is a folder directory, just give your Al11 folder path (Like /SAP/AP/IF...) in sender File adapter channel.

dipaks_patil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sambaran,

You can use the function module (se37) ARCHIVFILE_CLIENT_TO_SERVER .

Once you have executed the function module, fill out the path (your local directory with filename) and target path (your AL11 directory with file name)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanka a lot !

But I dont have access to se37 :'( is it possible to upload the file from AL11?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sambaran,

Every PI system has internal NFS,so you no need to create anything on your PC, just upload files in NFS Directory and using File channel you can access them.

use AL11 to view directory structure.

If you have installed PI system on your personal laptop then C directory or D diretcory will act a defualt NFS diretciry , so create folder and place some test files and dev file to file scenario.

There are some free softwwares avaialble in internet , you can use those FTP softwares as a server and client.so install FTP server then use detaisl in file channel.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is with the client network,we have installed Winscp,gave all the parameters but it's not working :'(

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also we dont have any access to to the server so... :'( :'( :'(

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check with network team to open port in PI to access FTP system.They have to provide network compatiblity.:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,we have already asked them but they are so ...

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradhan,

Please check the following link regarding creation of FTP on local system and try to access from your pi server if possible otherwise ask basis people to connect.

http://lifehacker.com/339887/build-a-home-ftp-server-with-filezilla

Regards

Gagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Baskar,thanks for your suggestion but the question is how to do it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin, thanks for you suggestion.I will check with the network guys to enable the FTP,on my PI server ,but could you please tell me ,what would be the port number to connect to connect through File Zilla? and the userid and password would be the same as admin for PI,I imagine?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check with your basis team to see whether PI server can share your work station drive. IMO, for the security reason the servers would not be mounted/shared to the local workstation  If not, simplest solution is drop the file in some network sharing path and use PI file adapter to access the file from it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First you have to make sure that PI can connect to your PC via FTP, ask your network guy for assistance. If this is possible, you can download FileZilla Server and install it on your PC.