cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from NW 7 to NW 7.03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am testing an upgrade from Upgrade from NW 7 (ECC 6.0) to NW 7.03 (ECC 6.0 EHP6) on a test system, using SUM10SP06.

Source System is,

Ecc 6.0 (SAP_BASIS-700-Level 0014; SAP_ABA-700-Level 0014)

Oracel 11.2.0.3.0

Windows 2008 R2 SP1

I have downloaded required media manually from Market place.

Now, I am stuck at "select target step" where it asking for XML file path or manually prepared directory.

I have tried by choosing the local directory where I had downloaded & extracted the media.

I am getting error message as per following,

while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.equals(java.lang.Object) of an object loaded from local variable 'nextName'

&

DETECT  define_target  define-target-dialog  define-target-source  com.sap.sdt.j2ee.services.servicesimpl.DefineTargetService  class java.lang.NullPointerException

Kindly guide me how to solve this & move ahead.

Kind rgds,

Ashwin Mane                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

SUM SP06 has some bugs. Refer SAP note 1831282.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Deepak,

Thank you for your response. I checked the snote. I tried with SUM 05 also. Getting the same error. I think my problem is concern with creation of the flat directory or the stack.xml file.

In case you are aware about creation of the flat directory / Manually prepared directory, kindly share your experience with me.

Kind rgds,

Ashwin Mane

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

I guess the issue could be with XML stack file. Look at this thread https://scn.sap.com/thread/2057084

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

I have downloaded the software manually & so I need to use the second option i.e. "manually prepared directory." & not the stack.xml option.

Kind rgds,

Ashwin Mane

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Please check file SUM_DEFINE-TARGET-SOURCE_**.LOG in /sdt/log/. There you should see which package it is asking for (and that is missing).Then download it and put on the same directory of the other packages.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have downloaded packages through Maintenance Optimizer & used the Manually prepared directory option. The stack.xml file didn't required in this case. The problem has been solved.

Our netweaver upgrade testing is going on.

Kind rgds,

Ashwin Mane

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Good to know your problem is resolved. You may now close this thread.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashwin,

I'm experiencing the same error when upgrading the Solution Manager SR1 to SP12. Would you please inform what should I do to overcome the error?..

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Yunianto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashwin,

Ooh.. I just choosed SPS12_stack.xml and the installation continued..

Thanks..

regards,

Yunianto