cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go live

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear This question Regarding to Go live

Just before go live we will transfer alll the date in to production server During this time all system at the business swithed off , so in this case they want to sell the products, Then what procedure they will fallow , how they bill plz explain

Thank you so much 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venu,

Very Good question.

Let me try to explain you with my previous implementation experience.

Date Transfer (Its called as Cut over activity) Happens in various phases.

1. One in QAS before UAT (user acceptance test)

2. Pre production system (Most of the projects)

3. The last and important one is to PRD (Production system).

Now, During the Production system, business generally declare blackout period. This duration may vary between 3 days to a week. It depends on the size of business and data to be uploaded. During Blackout period they don't do any business and they will hold all transactions. ( Most of the cases its advisable to do after month end or year end).

The above cases is applicable to most of the implementations. Reasonbeing, you have to upload all type of datas (Like, Customer open balances, Vendor related dues, Stocks, Customers, Vendor etc.)

So,the answer for your question is we shouldn't encourage to do any transactions in their legacy system. If they still wants to do, its upto the business how they want to manage it. They can do it offline and run all those transactions after the Go-Live.

Hope its clear to you.!!

Let me know if you need any further inputs.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu

Very well explained by MR. Kesari. I would like to add only one thing that if Company is going to bear a heavy cost for running their business smooth in shape of paying SAP then they should also hold their transactions for Go Live. If they don't then after Go Live there will be many differences in System data and actual data. Please convince your client to hold transactions and if they are not then chances of miss matched values are there.

Thank$

Answers (0)