cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password was not used for a longe period and therefore deactivated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I need to make my plugins upgrade as they are on RED in my EWA ... but ...

I cannot connect with any user to 000 client

SAP*, ADMIN, DDIC - nothing works -> same message Password was not used for a longe period and therefore deactivated

000 client is not in CUA, login/password_max_idle_initial is set to 30, I tried to reset it from SQL, but no success.

I am running AIX 64bits, Kernel 720, Oracle10g. It is a productive system, so I cannot restart it.

Any idea to help me do this online, and get connected ?

Thanks in advance,

Jordy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I did not forget the pwds of any users in 000 ... I just cannot connect because I get message

' Password was not used for a longer period and therefore deactivated'

So even if I know the pwd, it won't work.

I need to do this online, not possible to restart the system in the next 5 months.

As well,

DDIC password: 19920706

SAP*: 06071992

They won't work

Thanks a lot guys for all these answers, and I hope there is another solution

Thanks in advance,

J.

PS: I can login to my productive client with DDIC user, but not to 000

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I thought if I kew my DDIC for productive client, I can set the same on 000.

Did that, but still getting the same message:

UPDATE SAPR3.USR02 SET PASSCODE = 'D2EC1BB1EF10F3DE67B08BC883929D01D09D4B' WHERE MANDT = '000' AND BNAME = 'DDIC';

UPDATE SAPR3.USR02 SET BCODE = '8071ACAFFF28EC' WHERE MANDT = '000' AND BNAME = 'DDIC';

UPDATE SAPR3.USR02 SET UFLAG=0 WHERE BNAME='DDIC';

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jordan,

Refer SAP Note 1287410 - BAPI_USER_CHANGE: Set productive password

You can take help of an abaper to use BAPI BAPI_USER_CHANGE. It  has the new optional parameter PRODUCTIVE_PWD to set a password as productive. Using this you can make password productive for SAP*, DDIC and ADMIN. Then login with the password you remember for them

Note: Try this first on development or test system and once convinced execute it on production.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

So I thought if I kew my DDIC for productive client, I can set the same on 000.

Head here

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3304152

Good luck

Cheers

RB

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jordan,

Hope you were able to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

We have implemented SLIS tool, and it was the only possible option to connect with another user and just change the pwd on SAP level, and it worked.

Otherwise ... on SQL I could not do it, even if I tried all commands, was still getting the same message.

Thank you all

Cheers

Kingfo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jordan,

I agree no other way could be working without an unwanted restart, as this is may be a security setting by SAP.

But I do want to perform the login in a production system for configuration. Could you please share the information related SLIS tool and how you using it to solve your issue?

Appreciated.

Thanks,

Kingfo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jordan,

To reset the passwords:

• SQL>update SAP<SID>.usr02 set bcode="encrypted password" where bname="*user id*" and mandt=client number;
  • SQL>commit ;

Run the /$sync transcation code : It will reset the buffer , which will give some performance issue on production server.Which will become normal after few minutes.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jordan,

1) Are all the users SAP*, ADMIN and DDIC locked in client 000 or you do not remember the password of any of these users.

2) Are you able to login to your productive client. If yes, check whether user DDIC exists in that client.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the following and advice

DDIC password: 19920706

SAP*: 06071992