Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to find the code where Data binding is happening in SAP TM

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got an opportunity to work in SAP Transportation Management as a technical consultant. I have prior Web Dynpro and FPM exp but do not have FBI and BOPF exp.

I see couple of standard components(FPM_FORM_UIBB, FPM_LIST_UIBB..etc) are used for designing and developing the SAP TM applications.

I know that data has been retrieved from BOPF and displayed in the Web Dynpro UI.

But as per my experience, to display the data in UI, we should use BIND_TABLE, BIND_STRUCTURE or SET_ATTRIBUTE or SET_STATIC_ATTRIBUTES..etc methods should had been used.

I do not see any such coding exist in the SAP TM Web Dynpro applictions.

Kindly someone please guide me where can i find the code for data binding. My understanding is like without these methods we can not display the data in to UI screens.

This coding is written in which method of the WD component or which method of the feeder class?

Please help me.

Thanks,

Bharath.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bharath,

Is your task adding of new custom fields in Forwarding Order application (values from these fields must be stored in TRQ Business Object)?

Kind regards, Aliaksandr.

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksandr ,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes. This is what i am looking for. When i launch the application in configuration mode i see different layout fields and when i open the application in administrator mode layout has additional set of fields.

But i still see some fields are missing in the layout which i see actually when i launch the forwarding order application.

What i am expecting is, what are all the fields i see in forwarding order application i should be able to see those in component configuration layout.How this is possible? Both application screen and configuration screen should be in synch.

How would i know which BO is enhanced?

From your words, i understand whenever we want to add a new fields in UI layout enhancing UI structure of BO is enough. So that UI layout is enhanced with new fields is that correct?

Thanks,

Bharath.

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Mostly you understood me correct.

For more clear picture I decided to describe steps for adding custom field in TM application for you with several screen shots.

Example: Add custom field in FWO application on Tab General Data.

Place for new field is emphasized.

FWO application is based on /SCMTMS/TRQ Business Object. Forwarding Order Data on Tab General Data is based on ROOT node of /SCMTMS/TRQ. New field will be add in FPM Component Configuration /SCMTMS/WDCC_FWO_GEN.

First step: append structure with custom field in Extension Include structure.

Extension Include:

Append Structure with TEST_FIELD:

Customizing of Component Configuration /SCMTMS/WDCC_FWO_GEN by using of WD application CUSTOMIZE_COMPONENT.

Result:

I hope this example will be helpful for you.

Also I want to add several words about problem with "synchronization of application screen and configuration screen".

Please make right-button click in application on field which does not exist in component configuration and select in menu "Technical help".

You must get similar picture as below.

I emphasized Component Configuration and Component Customizing. Very often some fields can be added in application by using Component Customizing.

Could you check this approach?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

FPM BOPF Integration (or FBI) quite big theme, that is why I recommend you to read this info.

As example, then you use FPM feeder class you don't use BIND_TABLE, BIND_STRUCTURE, SET_ATTRIBUTE or SET_STATIC_ATTRIBUTES methods directly. Instead of this you implement GET_DATA method of FPM feeder class. The same functionality in FBI more often is realized in view-exit class (ADAPT_DATA method). How to find FBI view-exit class in TM application I already wrote in this post.

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answers.

I know how to find the feeder class. I have already gone through the links given.

if we are not using the mentioned methods directly how  this data binding and context binding is happening.

I would like to know the data binding and context binding mechanism used in the SAP TM applications from UI front.

I come to know that GET_DATA and GET_DEFINITION methos of feeder classes are used for this. i have gone through the code but i did not find which exact method call or which statement is used for data bidning and context binding.

When i launch the forwarding order application I see there are couple of customer specific input fields are added in existing SAP TM application but i can not see them when i go to component configuration GUIBB. Where is this dynamic screen changes are happening?

Please guide & help.

Thanks,

Bharath.

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answers.

I know how to find the feeder class. I have already gone through the links given.

if we are not using the mentioned methods directly how  this data binding and context binding is happening.

I would like to know the data binding and context binding mechanism used in the SAP TM applications from UI front.

I come to know that GET_DATA and GET_DEFINITION methos of feeder classes are used for this. i have gone through the code but i did not find which exact method call or which statement is used for data bidning and context binding.

When i launch the forwarding order application I see there are couple of customer specific input fields are added in existing SAP TM application but i can not see them when i go to component configuration GUIBB. Where is this dynamic screen changes are happening?

Please guide & help.

Thanks,

Bharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

First of all you should keep in mind that GET_DEFINITION mehod used for context binding and GET_DATA method is used for data binding ..When you fill et_definition in get_definition method then you will be able to configure your fields in FPM component configuration and when you fill et_data in GET_DATA mehod then you will seet that application data in browser.

If dynamic changes are happening in your screen then see your GET_DEFAULT_CONFIG is implemented or not.

If not then see CT_FIELD_USAGE in your GET_DATA method..Might be there are some change happening ex. Visibility of the field.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bharath,

As I understood you have two questions:

1. Where are dynamic screen changes happening?

2. How is data binding to context in SAP TM?

For my point of view answer on first question can help to answer on second.

Do you have some experience in customizing component configuration? Maybe new fields was added by using this mechanism? Could you check it? If it is so I can try to answer on second question.

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thank for your answer.

Yeah i undeerstand GET_DEFINITION method is used as Context binding and GET_DATA is used as data binding.

In my case (Ex - SAP TM Forwarding order application), i have 4 different application configurations for single WD application.Out of them 1 appl configuration is in customer namespace(custom development). same with few component configurations as well.

I either go to standard appl configuration or custom appl configuration, within it i go to individual FORM or LIST component configuration. None of them i see newly added UI fields. But when i launch the forwarding order application i see these newly added fields in UI.

My understanding is, to enhance the UI or to add any new UI fields in the layout Feeder class GET_DEFINITION should had been enhanced.

But here i believe screen fields are coming from BOPF. I am not sure.

I did not get the clear picture of what is done and where are changes done but when application is executed i see the real output.

As you mentioned GET_DEFAULT_CONFIG is called for dynamic changes. I see in this method there is no coding left blank implemented.

Please guide.

Thanks,

Bharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

Please check both point's in your configuration.

1.Have you use ADAPTABLE component of top of OVP component..I think might that is also one reason where they are switching the configurations .

2.Check your component configuration where you are finding the extra fields . Is that same configuration which is configured in your application.

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I type sap-config-mode=X in the url after launching the forwarding order application. So that it gives me a new link Adapt Configuration. When i click on this link it will take me to configuration in administrator mode. But here also i can not see all the fields which are there in application.

I am using TM 8.1 system. I just recently got access to SAP TM 9 and i checked there everything is fine. Both application and configuration are in sync.

But TM 9 is under development and we are supporting SAP TM 8.1 system.

Please help me what are the steps to be followed if i have to add new custom fields to the existing application.

Thanks,

Bharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

If you have seen FPM component in your application then no webdynpro component should exist here untill & unless you haven't used free style UIBB in your application.

So here you are running with FPM application and UIBB's.

All the UIBB configured with Feeder Classes in FPM application.

Please refer below link to find the feeder class.

http://scn.sap.com/message/13891162#13891162

Thanks & Regards

Praveen Gupta