cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proforma invoice in STO

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guru`s,

Today i am facing with new issue, i am unable to create proforma invoice for STO business scenario.Before posting this discussion i spend some time on google and SCN, but thats not help me to resolve my issue.

When i try to create proforma invoice with F8 system generate massage saying that "item is not relevant for billing". so i checked in delivery document status over , here i found billibg status is empty.

Everybody  suggest me to check your item category is "NLN" and billing relevance is D(relevant for proforma invoice). i check both settings and seems fine.

Can any one suggest me to check/ need to maintain any other setting.

Thanks

Viswa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru`s,

i have one doubt it seems very basic but i struct on that point. i just want to now how the system knows whether particular STO is relevant for proforma invoice or not. which settings exactly control the billing functionality ( normal invoice /proforma/not relevant ) .

Note : i check all the possible functionality which i know but still i am unable to generate proforma for STO.

Thank u

Viswa

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I just want to now ,how the system knows whether particular STO is relevant for proforma invoice or not.

What do you mean by Particular STO ?

Our Billing Type or Billing process in any scenario convey / will find out  by VOV8 settings of Billing Type Field .

Note : Need more info on this .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Viswa,

This has been disucssed many times. Please check in our forum.

You have to check, Item category, Order type and see your copy controls as well.

Finally, please explain bit more on your issue or business process so that it would be easy for us to help you.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you dont mind ,Can you tell ,How you Processed as below or what ?

1. ME21N

2. VL10B

3. VL01N

4. VF01 or else VA01 -> VL01N->VF01

Note : Which Sales Doc Type ,Did you select in VA01 ? Is that having Proforma Invoice F8 or what ?

If you have doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi narendra,

I use first approach( ME21N-VL10B-VL02N-VF01) and maintain default order type (DL) in delivery STO delivery type NL , and maintain billing relevance D( pro forma invoice) in item category NLN.

Please find the screen shorts for your reference .

Thanks,

Viswa.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Go to VOV8 and check ,which Billing Doc Type ,DL Sales Doc Type having in the Field " Billing Type" .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Viswanadh,

Is copy control maintained / configured?

Check in VTFL for delivery type > billing type.

Added: In IDES I have checked in VTFL, F8 < NL, item category NLN is already set up.

Can you please inform why your client (or you) want to create a proforma invoice?

The goods are being transported from one plant to another plant, in the same company code. Can the truck driver go with a printout of the delivery note, from the delivering plant to the ShipTo party?

Message was edited by: T W

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tw,

copy control setting will be the next step , first system has to update states overview "A( not at processed )".

Note: i check the copy control setting aslo it`s seems fine.

Thanks

Viswa.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In VF01 after giving delivery document did you select F8 - Proforma billing document? Try to select billing doc type F8 and let us know the result.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kesari,

I select billing type F8 only.

Thank u

Viswa

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to paste the error log screenshot.

Regards, Sai Krishna.