cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biiling Block in Item level of debit memo request

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Debit memo request has a header billing block and an item level billing block. I am assigning one milestone to the item in debit memo request and billing plan is active. So it doesnt allow me to do invoicing VF01 before I assign a billing plan. Now I assign one activity milestone in this billing plan. And now without confirmation of the milestone and w/o removal of the billing block at item level it allows to do invoicing. There is no billling block at header level in my case.

I want to control it from item level. How do I do so? Is something missing in my config?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suman,

I am assigning one milestone to the item in debit memo request and billing plan is active.

Could you please explain the business requirement behind this setting you are doing?

Milestone or periodic billing is to create multiple bills, for a single sales order; which inturn are sent to the customer.

In this case, it seems that you want to give money to customer multiple times, why?

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

My Billing block is in debit memo request and not in debit memo. I am creating a debit memo from the debit memo request and where the contril is missing.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suman,

Billing block can not be in the billing document.

Billing block is used in a document created before the billing document (e.g. order). And the purpose of the block is to not create a billing document.

(thus a billing block shall not be in a billing document).

Please check the configuration settings, I have mentioned in my previous post.

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please check in transaction VV8 waht is the default order-related billing type assigned to the credit memo request document type.

Then as suggested by T W, check if this billing type is assigned to tobilling blcok you set.

The billing block are checked in the customizing copy requirement routione.

So please check in transaction VTFA, if the routines you have check VBAK-FKASK (at header level), VBAP-FAKSP and FLP-FKASP (at item level).

Best regards,

Ivano.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suman,

Please check if the billing block (02) is assigned to your Billing type (of credit memo process).

IMG>SD>Billing documents>Define Blocking Reason for Billing

Assign blocking reasons to billing types

Thereafter test this issue.

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

e.g this debit memo request could be invoiced even when there was a block in item

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understand that in Billing Plan Billing Block is not working.

Means you have maintained the Billing Block like "02- Compl Confirm Missng" but still system is allowing to create billing document in VF01.

This is standard SAP functionality that restricts you to bill if there is a Billing Block either at Header level, Item Level or Billing Plan Date level.

Can you please share your screen.

Thanks,

Suman